Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my mom today to give me a heads up not to break any fishing regs. She told me a friend of hers which is the owner of Fisher-Brown Insurance got busted by a drone last week. He cleaned his snapper on the way in. When he got to the dock fwc was waiting for him with pics in hand of them cleaning the fish. Fwc told him they were taken from a drone. Fwc took them to jail instead of just writing them a ticket. So be carefull fwc is watching.

Registered
Only the federal could spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to catch a fish cleaner. But they can not balance a budget, protect the borders, and we still have terrorists.

Registered
Got a call from my mom today to give me a heads up not to break any fishing regs. She told me a friend of hers which is the owner of Fisher-Brown Insurance got busted by a drone last week. He cleaned his snapper on the way in. When he got to the dock fwc was waiting for him with pics in hand of them cleaning the fish. Fwc told him they were taken from a drone. Fwc took them to jail instead of just writing them a ticket. So be carefull fwc is watching.
How does the FWC know he wasn't cleaning the snapper to eat on board his boat? You're allowed 1.5 lbs per person for consumption aboard a vessel...provided cooking facilities are present, the fish is of legal size, and in season.

However, if he got caught with filets when he landed...he's screwed.

Registered
Why is it always someone who knows someone who got a drone ticket. When I hear it from a trusted source who actually got a ticket first hand then I might believe it. My 2 cents.

Super Moderator
How come it's always a friend of a friend or I know somebody. You'd think as many members that are on here that someone would have a first hand experience.

Videographer
I'm gonna give that a tentative BS.
Not because I think they wouldn't LOVE to do it.....but because I don't think they are capable.
The entire FWC budget isn't big enough to just buy a few drones.....let alone pay for the support crew.
....now I wouldn't put it past ole Obama to divert a few drones away from the border ...and put a thumb on a few republican fisherman!

Super Moderator
A drone ID'n fish and people sponsored by FWC and brought to you By Obama hssunsef approved by Bohner and his crew. Sounds legit to me....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts