Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
They dont all look like this, but if you dont shoot the first legal buck you see, you have a chance at some fine bucks. Our group has let a pile of legal bucks go in hopes of a stud. It's worked out a few times.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I’ve talked to you before , you worked a wreck I got in back 15 or 16 years ago. The plan is to spend the time , hunt smart , and have a little patience .

·
Registered
80 Posts
They dont all look like this, but if you dont shoot the first legal buck you see, you have a chance at some fine bucks. Our group has let a pile of legal bucks go in hopes of a stud. It's worked out a few times.

Nope. You talked to the guy holding the antlers.

yeah , I thought you were him , my bad. How crowded is the hunt ? It’s a sat-tue hunt , on a holiday weekend, I’m assuming it will be packed

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Really depends. Only 30 quotas so 60 people total. Bout 5 spots everybody rushes to. But really plenty of room to hunt. As Booker would say, it's a target rich environment. Plenty of hogs running around in there as well. Gate opens at 5am. Usually in line by 330-400. Go scout during the summer. But really no bad place to climb a tree

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
I've seen some really nice ones in there, and had to settle on a few. It's definitely a target rich environment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Really depends. Only 30 quotas so 60 people total. Bout 5 spots everybody rushes to. But really plenty of room to hunt. As Booker would say, it's a target rich environment. Plenty of hogs running around in there as well. Gate opens at 5am. Usually in line by 330-400. Go scout during the summer. But really no bad place to climb a tree

Thanks man , I’m getting excited already . Is the rut going pretty hard during that first rifle hunt ?

·
Registered
8,851 Posts

Did y’all ugly that one to death or shoot it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Did y’all ugly that one to death or shoot it?

Gotta say. That was one fun season in there.
So many funny things happened. Somehow we all ended up in there for every single hunt. Since then I think FWC kicks our names out, we have barely gotten a permit since then.

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
Well... I got Hutton muzzleloader. I'll take it. (Probably gonna go in there and shoot wood ducks )

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Well... I got Hutton muzzleloader. I'll take it. (Probably gonna go in there and shoot wood ducks )

You usually don’t have any problem getting meat.

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
You usually don’t have any problem getting meat.

That muzzleloader hunt is difficult. The last couple years, I stop deer hunting after the early rifle hunt over Thanksgiving, and focus on ducks. I don't bother with deer until around the 10th of January.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts