Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I are looking to upgrade the sounder on our boat, he has found a guy with a Furuno 600, it has the transom mount transducer, and is a few years old, that is about all I know. The guy is asking 400, is this a good deal or if not what should I offer?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Way to much.

The 600L was replaced with a 620. They are night a day different and the 620 blows away the 600.

The 600 is 350watt.....620 is 600watts.

The 600 you have to jump thru menus. The 620 has knobs and can be run in manual mode VERY easy. I can teach you in 2 mins.

The 620 shows better in bright sunlight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
X-shark continuously blows me away with his vast knowledge on marine electronics...is there anything that you DON'T know the answer to??? Haha, just kidding!

:bowdown:bowdown

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. What would you recommend I look for, I would prefer not to spend more than 1000, I am looking at a raymarine A50, combo unit or a furuno 4100, unless there is a real benefit to having a full color unit. I will add that I rarely will go out more than 35 mile at the most, so I may never see 200 feet of water.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hosscat (3/23/2010)Thanks. What would you recommend I look for, I would prefer not to spend more than 1000, I am looking at a raymarine A50, combo unit or a furuno 4100, unless there is a real benefit to having a full color unit. I will add that I rarely will go out more than 35 mile at the most, so I may never see 200 feet of water.
From what I've learned, Furuno is more user friendly but RayMarine's fishfinder technology leads the pack with their HD sonar. I recently purchased the A70D sounder/chart combo and am very pleased with it. I may be completely wrong, but thats my 2 cents!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts