Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally sorted out the problem with the bottom machine, so now the radar has a problem. Does anyone know what

HD-SIG-MIS

BP-SIG-MIS

might mean when it shows up on the left side of the screen? I know the model # would help but I don't know what that is. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks for the help on that. The settings were all messed up and I just restored factory settings.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Don't know about a furuno unit but probably has something to do with heading and bearing presets. Is it a new unit just installed cause there are things that must be done to make the unit work properly and can only be done while the boats in the water like using land based objects(towers) and non moving water based stuff(bouys)

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Copy that. If theres no description in the manual about what the problem is then ya may want to contact furunos support dept. and see what they say. Theres nothing in my manual about HD and BP on the screen but I got a JRC unit so its no good to you,sorry.

·
Registered
257 Posts
does she spin? I am sure it is a closed array type radar but you should hear some gears or a belt sound while it spins otherwise you can open it up and visually inspect it. Just try to do it when the wind isn't so bad cause it can bend the flimsy array inside. Sounds like no bearing pulse and heading flash comming from your pedistal. If you end up not figureing it out shoot me a pm and maybe we can schedule a time for me to take a look at it and diagnose/ fix it.

Justin

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Send an email to Furuno from their website. I emailed them a question a while back about my combo unit and not 5 minutes later my phone rang and it was one of their techs explaining exactly what I needed to do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is off another site.....decided to turn on the radar, and discovered that there was some sort of problem. The screen showed an error message: "HD-SIG-MIS". I didn't know what that meant, but later on I checked the Furuno manual, where in the troubleshooting section it indicated that this message related to a problem with the signal cable. I checked the connections and they seemed fine, so I wasn't sure what the problem was.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i have a model 1622 16nm radar. this is what it says in my owners manual for this problem:<P align=left>if... the radar has warmed up and you pressed the[tx] key to transmit<P align=left>but... "HD-SIG-MISSING" or "BP-SIG-MISSING" appears on the display (panel is lit) or display contrast is poor<P align=left>then...check that the signal cable is tightly fastened

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mike, Josh and I appreciate all of the help you guys have provided but we have troubleshot it down to the interface board and are awaiting shippment of the new part.

Thanks again

Justin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts