Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cursing::cursing::cursing: I am filled with furious anger.... Its hunting season out here in idaho, all my hunting pals are hunting....im not, im prepping for my move to florida in 24 days... My buddy who works with me has shot a mountain lion and a elk in the last week and a half....both with a bow... everyone on here keeps talking about hunting, you guys are only adding fuel to my rage... I WANNA HUNT.... i need to get out in the woods.. im sure glad hunting season is long in florida. I like reading all your post, put its making me angry... can't we talk about cars? or engines???? This has to be the worse i have been just before hunting season... And to top it off, i have to find a house and get moved in before i can hunt... then verify my rifles are all zero'd in.... sometimes i wish i was a tree hugging vegan hippy...:censored::censored::censored:....:hang:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hippy What yu smokin, You should fit in well in Florida, deer are a lot smaller fish are a lot bigger.. Cant beat the weather and the beach.
Welcome Brother to PFF/

:clap::wacko::clap:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If it were me I'd spend my remaining days tracking down a big bull elk and then cram for the move. There is nothing better than some fresh elk steaks and I bet you could make some great friends around here giving a few away lol. Welcome to florida where you could kill a deer a day all season and still have less food than one decent elk or catch one fish and have more meat than a season worth of fishing in Idaho.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i am active duty, im currently station at Mountain Home AFB but i have orders to Eglin. I do like idaho, hunting is good, different than what i am used to(pa) but i am looking forward to having green scenery around me. plus in idaho you can only shoot 1 deer, 1 elk, and you can only shoot doe's/cows in archery or draw a permit.. and mule deer aren't as good eating as whitetail..JMHO. The biggest thing i am going to miss out here..... COYOTE HUNTING... this place is awesome for predators.... and last year you could get 62.00 for a hide... hope flordia has a decent amount of yotes... even if they won't pay for my gas...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
WAIT A MINUTE! You're telling me that people would pay you $62.00 for a coyote hide???

Does anyone know if they do that here in Florida? Am I missing out on something...?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you get some good ones this year. Got plenty of nice bucks in Eglin.

·
Registered
569 Posts
deersniper270 said:
WAIT A MINUTE! You're telling me that people would pay you $62.00 for a coyote hide???

Does anyone know if they do that here in Florida? Am I missing out on something...?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you get some good ones this year. Got plenty of nice bucks in Eglin.
$25--40 in PA....don't think Gov. offers it here though

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Look at it this way. You are getting stationed at a place just about everybody in the USAF would kill to get stationed at.
I had a buddy (now retired) that tried to get down here for 23 years and never could. He got stuck at Scott (Illinois) and Wright-Pat (Ohio) his last several years.
I've got a feeling after you've been here a few months, you'll forget all about Idaho.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hey deersniper270, I think a yotes hide would fit in on of those if it fits it ships boxes from the post office,so what 5-6 bucks to ship it, we need to send some their way.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well a yotes hide won't be worth as much in florida as it would be where its cold... In the winter out here the hides are real think and long, i would be surprised if you would get much from a florida yote, would be nice though. Also, you have to work for the $$ besides the hunting part, and **IF** you don't damage the hide bad, you have to skin it properly which is not hard, fletch it, clean it, stretch it and dry it. but i did it..... its worth it... it will pay for gas. i hunt yotes out here religously ever weekend after elk season up till about march. I will hunt yotes in florida, even if there is no $$ in it, they are fun to hunt, i get excited like a little kid every time i call one in... they are very smart predators...

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I was at Eglin from 1992-1998, I think you'll like it there, very nice base. I grew up in MN and all it took was my assignment to Eglin to change my mind about where I was going to settle down. Been living in the Fort Walton Beach area since 1992 and don't ever plan to move away! Plenty of yotes around here and in South Alabama to hunt and plenty of deer too even if they aren't as big as the ones out West. Good luck with your move and look me up when you get to Eglin.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Well a yotes hide won't be worth as much in florida as it would be where its cold... In the winter out here the hides are real think and long, i would be surprised if you would get much from a florida yote, would be nice though. Also, you have to work for the $$ besides the hunting part, and **IF** you don't damage the hide bad, you have to skin it properly which is not hard, fletch it, clean it, stretch it and dry it. but i did it..... its worth it... it will pay for gas. i hunt yotes out here religously ever weekend after elk season up till about march. I will hunt yotes in florida, even if there is no $$ in it, they are fun to hunt, i get excited like a little kid every time i call one in... they are very smart predators...
Idk man I've seen some out in Blackwater where I had to double take because I thought it was a wolf lol. I've skinned them before so I could do that but all the other stuff it wouldn't be worth it. Either way man welcome to our little slice if paradise!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Welcome down this way, aways room for fellow sportmen. Looks like you will be getting used to your scope all over again thinking our deer are further away than they realy are being there a bit smaller,,, LOL Hope your trip goes smooth.. There are plenty of game down this way. Not many Tanners an craftmen in the area except the sportsmen themself. But there are some yote hunters among us.. Must be hard leaving those big Elk behind, Humm, From a fellow sportsman, ole carver

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks yall, i am actually excited to move to florida. i can't wait to get back into small game hunting. And the pigs... thats a bonus, never hunted them before.. it will be a learning experience.. is there roads/ trails that you can ride atv's on to get away from the main road for hunting... like in blackwater or on eglin? i like hunting away from most people... In idaho i use the atv to get away from road hunters, then hike in as far as possible up the nasty hills where no one else goes before daylight... i like being where very few go, its safer and the game ain't as spooky. i really don't mind a good workout getting game out.. just curios on the atv thing... plus i enjoy the atv over a truck when coyote hunting... cover more ground faster/quieter between stands... thanks for the input

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.