Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been taking my son (9 yrs old ) hunting since he was 4 yrs old & I can only hope some of you had some time like these. Well this weekend we went to the camp Friday nite & met another friend & his son( 14 yrs old ), cooked out, built the fire allthough 70 degrees, rode four wheelers, filled up feeders, & stayed up late, well 5 am came early & my son doesn't want to get out of bed, so I roll him up in a blanket grab the guns & head to the shooting house ( what a load), feeder going off as we climb into the shooting house, he's laying in my lap sleeping, at 6:30 am I hear the first shot, still foggy, at 6:45I see deer I tell my son "Dean there's 1-2-3-4-5-" trying to wake him as he's waking up I look thru my scope to see all doe's, with two bucks in the bag he was wanting to fill a doe tag so he's now looking thruhis scope & say'sI'm on it I say ok then POW, still in his pj's, no shoe on, we sit for another 30 minutes, I have to carry him back to the truck to get dressed & then we're off to look for blood, no blood just a little hair , back to the camp to get the dog, picked up several scents but no blood no deer. This wasn't the funniest hunt but a good one I'll remember. The funniest was when he was About 4 or 5 & he had to go #2 he would not squat, we were already running late on an after noon bow hunt, so we went to the truck to make a potty , I got a 5 gal bucket & 2- 2x4's that worked for him but to see him standing up trying to poop was funny. One other time my wife & son sleeping in the am hunt there was 9 deer I was watching & she started snoring on the 2 nd snore I put my hand over her face & she woke up & didn't know where she was & my son would not shoot that day. Share the good times. See ya in the woods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts