Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago this happened...

Mid afternoon, was in line with people pulling their boats out of the water and others putting in. Probably 5 trailers lined up. Standard weekend traffic where everyone treats each ramp as Single Use only.

This joker in a small SUV comes blowing past everyone in line with his empty trailer, and starts backing down the east ramp. There was already a trailer pulled up in that ramp and clearly having some trouble getting things lined up (newb). It was a very tight situation for sure.

This dude just backed right down the side...

People in line started yelling about him cutting. To which he yelled back something like "My boat is right here, i need to get this boat out of the water!"

(As if we all didn't have a need to be at the F'N ramp?!)

He tries rushing things through to show how good he is at being a boat ramp pro and why he deserves to cut every other person off in line.

He jumps in his boat, cutting off the guy that was trying to trailer up right next to him. Forcing the other guy to wait even longer out in open water.

He gets his boat on the trailer then runs up to his small SUV and guns it up the ramp.

He gets about 10 feet up the ramp and his whole trailer falls off the hitch, no safety chains.... SCRRRAAPPPPE right back down the ramp. Boat + Trailer and all, right back into the water.

Some people started yelling about boat ramp karma and how if you're a jackass at the ramp, it's gonna come back to bite ya. Turns out that bite happened almost immediately.

So now the newby he pulled up next to, has to deal with getting his boat on a trailer, while another dude's boat + trailer are sinking in the water next to him.

No clue what happened after that. I launched in the other slip and took off.

What a joker.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
I wouldnt say he cut in line, if people are afraid to pull or launch 2 boats at a time thats fine. But if someone goes to make it 2 wide. Thats not cutting line.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this isn’t a debate about whether shoreline is single or double wide. and given the space this dude wedged into, especially with someone struggling at the ramp... he didn’t need to jump the line to cause even more problems.

don’t be a jackass at the boat ramp. karma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd have had a seriously long conversation with my self about throwing a line to his boat and trailer and accidentally towing it out about 200 ft into the sound....

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I would have paid good money to see that!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts