Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a favorite spot in the back part of the bay this morning. I got to the water at 6:15 and netted a couple dozen finger mullet. I was fishing a dropoff with some oyster shell/rock along it. I freelined one mullet along the dropoff and fished another on the deep edge of the drop on bottom. The action was really steady until 9 or so when some dolphins rolled through chasing mullet. It shut down the fishing, but what a sight to watch them feed so aggressively. I ended up catching a half dozen specks, 2 slot reds(18", 22"), a few fat croakers(1+ lbs), some ladyfish, and a small shark. The most interesting part of the morning came when I hookedthe small blacktip in the 15# range on one rod and one of the reds on the other. The shark stayed on despite my flourocarbon leader(I love circle hooks) and really worked my light outfit over. I had to horse in the red while holding the shark rod between my legs. I looked like an idiot! I didfinally managed to land both fish. All in all it was great to get out this morning. All fish were revived and released. Tight lines.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
great job with the 2 fish at one time. thats what im talking about! i really like readingthe reports but it pisses me of when i have to read them from work!:banghead oh well friday is almost here.

·
Registered
358 Posts
This morning looked like it would be a good time to get on the water. Atleast you got out there. Great job on the catch list and successfully completing the double feature. Maybe after work it will still be nice out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts