Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished PCB where those tall buildings are and they setup all those umbrellas on the beach. I got there right before sunup and fished until about 530, so a long day but it was worth it.

I started the morning casting a gold spoon from shore waiting until the sun came up enough to launch and caught 9 ladyfish in about 15 minutes. When the sun finally rose, I jumped in my yak and started trolling a couple yozuris on some 2500 reels matched up to 7ft medium light rods. Today I was going to try to catch some fish on some light gear and it worked.

My sight casting setup was a Dock Demon rod and reel spooled with some braid to give me a fighting chance. I used a speed clip and switched between a gold spoon, white/orange gotcha plug, and various soft plastics.

I spent most of the morning chasing bonitas that were destroying bait schools. My goal was to catch one with the dock demon. Mission accomplished, I caught 7 with the dock demon before the reel finally locked up and I had to switch to one of my bigger setups, the 2500 with med/light rod, lol.

Around lunch time I fished right off the shore near the color change and caught dozens off ladyfish with tourists using rented kayaks checking out the action. After a couple hours of that I went back to trolling.

I trolled most of the rest of the day, just dragging the yozuris randomly around from the color change out to about a mile or so. I ended up landing three kings and lost what I think were two more kings and my personal best spanish mack that was 24" at the fork, I thought it was a small king at first but it was a monster smack instead.

Although most of the fish were trash fish, they were still a blast to catch. The bonitas fought like champs, the ladyfish were acrobatic as always, and the kings and smacks were a nice bonus. Best part, no remoras.

Sorry for the long read

·
Registered
186 Posts
I couldn’t believe that he uses a dock demon to catch fish with until I saw pics. A dock demon is like a zebco 202. Tiny little thing catching Bonita lol. I suppose once you’ve mastered catching fish the only thing left to do is try to make it harder. Keep it up bro!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts