Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn’t matter how strong of a front it is, when one comes through and the north wind starts blowing, it’s go time. Been saving this spot for this exact situation, and with the last front, decided I needed to take the long trip.

Pulled up to the first area, and started throwing the Ayu 110SR, and after a cast or two was hooked up to a small flounder. Released, made another cast, and stuck a better one. Put it in the box and a few casts later had 2 more in the box. They seem to love this lure, caught 4 limits this year on it and missed another limit by 1 fish this day. Now, I’m trout fishing, triggering reaction bites and working the bait fast, and the flounder were still crushing it. So keep that in mind, those fish arent slow!

Made a move since there weren’t any trout around and had enough flounder for dinner, and found what I was looking for. The pattern was one of the weirdest I’ve found though. Saw a dark spot I thought was a fish and made a cast, and got bit by swarming little ladyfish and the dark spot didn’t move. Made another cast at it and ladyfish again, but this time she moved. Watched her slide out to see what the commotion was, and I was luckily able to shake off the ladyfish right as she turned around to go back home. Put a perfect cast in front of her and she didn’t hesitate to crush it!
Next spot went the same way, although no sightfishing on that one. Ladyfish, ladyfish, Bam! solid trout!

At this point I’m looking for ladyfish, something I never do. Found them again on the last spot, and they didn’t disappoint. Ladyfish on the first cast, and as I was bringing it in, saw her big beautiful shadow emerge from the dock she was living on and cruised out into open water. Laid the 110 out in front of her and it was over in a flash. She turned on it, ate and was headed back to her dock in a split second. Knew I wasn’t going to stop her, so I let her run through, and had to go in after her. Luckily she didn’t break me off, and was able to land her after several tense moments.

Never know what you will find out there, and as I always say, pay attention to and fish what’s going on in front of you. Conditions and patterns change, so you have to be able to adapt. Released all the trout as usual, took a few flounder home, and can’t wait for the next front!

Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Fisherman
Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Hat
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Fisherman
Glove Safety glove Stingray Bag Eyewear
Shoe White Light Textile Wood
Water Water resources Boat Hood Liquid

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Nice job. Great Post, and you did good at not revealing background images that gives the spot away.
I did look to try and figure it out, hahaha.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Thanks for posting Jeff......
Awesome as always!
You make me awful envious of the fish you catch.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Nice job, Jeff! Beautiful fish and great report! Is that jerkbait a Lucky Craft?

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,668 Posts
That last photo is what the dark spot looked like? It's the fish swimming off, yes?
Great post as usual, you da spec whisperer.
And you got the background 'shopping down pat, looks good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts