Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
I read here they are all close to the same, difference being stainless unit& drain on the bottom of the filter. Some filter a little more. Stainless is the way to go, but the quicksilver one is pretty good for 1/3 the price. Not stainless. I like replacing the filter every year, plus I have avery good inline fuel filter that I replace also.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
I have one of the expensive large ones with the clear part on the bottom with the drain. I also have a glassfilter in the motor. I noticed orange flakes in the glass filter on the motor. What's inside the glass filter is thethe water seperator/filter breaking down and coming off. So instead of paying $40-50.00 for just a filter, I bought a regular style kit/assyfor $20.00. It uses the $7-8.00 filter once per year. Opposed to the $40-50 filterevery year or so. They will <U>all</U> break down on the inside, some sooner than others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.