Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time viewer, and I must say the information this forum puts out has been top notch. With that said here is the problem. Bought a new boat in March of 06. NAUTIC STAR 1800. To make a long stort short the boat is back at the dealer with it's 4th tank of fuel full of water. Lots of theories and common sense have been used to identify the problem however to no avail.The dealer has informed me that the "West side" of Pensacola has been getting a bad supply of gas this summer and that the service centers around here have been experiencing "more than usual" situationsneeding attention,I havebeen taking fuel samplesall summer and have continually drawn water. I do not buy into this "supply" problem. I guess the question is "To your knowledge,hasanyone experienceda rise in "bad fuel" this summer". Before this battle gets too crazy with the dealer,justgrasping at straws and trying to get a little free research into this matter. Your input would begreatly appreciated.

·
Praedator
10,005 Posts
A guy I work with, filled up at the BP on Navy BLVD near the entrance to NASP and he got about 10 gallons of water out of 20 gallons of gas. All 6 cars filling up at the same time as him could not leave the gas station when they tried to start their vehicles. The gas station ended up paying to remove the gas tanks and all the parts and labor involved.

This was right after the rain we had last week thoough and their tanks were not properly sealed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It wouldn't be a west side of town type of thing b/c 95% of the fuel in pensacola all comes from the same terminal. Being in the fuel supply buisness it is very rare to see water come from the terminal. With all the rain we had recently usually the water will get in tanks and some store owners don't stick their tanks for water. I haven't sold or heard or any fuel having problemsthis year.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I recently had problems with water in my fuel too. Not sure if it was condensation or bad gas, but feeling pretty confident it was bad gas and I live and fill up (usually) in Pace. This happened to me before all the rain.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 8 fuels samples from this summer. 7 twelve oz mason jars with approx 10 oz and at least 3 of those oz's is water. The 8th sample was after all the rain and I pulled off almost a quart afterthe motor died in the pass by the first jetty. And I have not fueled up in almost a month and still had 3/4 of a tank of gas. That trolling motor was my best investment, next to Sea Tow of course.

·
Registered
290 Posts
so i hear this happening more frequently. Is there a fix or solution to keeping the water out of the fuel? Can you mix additives to your gas to eliminate the risk? I too have had similar problems and don't know what to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts