Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lowrance combo unit and want to add a fuel flow sensor. I see that Lowrance has one the EP-10 and it should work with my unit. Any one use one and have any opinions?<H1><DIV class=section id=productDescription><DIV id=mainImage>
</DIV><DIV id=productNavigation><UL class=navigation><LI class=current>Description</LI>[/list]</DIV><H1>EP-10 Fuel Flow Sensor</H1><DIV id=description></DIV><DIV class=ProductThumbnails></DIV><DIV id=keySellingPoints></DIV><DIV id=mainText>

Gasoline only/single engine, twin engine requires two</DIV></DIV></H1>

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lowrance has replaced the EP10 with the EP60R. Depending on which unit you have (weather it has the red or blue connectors) will determine if it is worthwhile using the EP60 vs just buying and installing an additional sensor and display. If you have the blue connectors on the back of your unit, quite honestly you'd be better served to install an LMF200 ($120 + sh). If you have the red network, you shouldnt have a problem adding the EP60R.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
what is the differance and problems with the blue connectors. I have a 110c and was thinking about the fuel flow myself but the connectors are blue so I am curious.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
There are lots of storiesabout problems with these sensors. I am waiting to see how the new generation sensors do before adding them to my network. If you go to thehulltruth.com and search you'll get plenty of info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There really isnt a "problem" with the blue connectors, other than Lowrance was the first to adopt the NMEA2000 standard. However, when they did, they designed their own connector before a standard connector was settled on. So thats the story with the blue connectors. Think of them as the first generation NMEA2000 connector. Now, the standard connector has been identified. This is the new red connector on the Lowrance units. So, if you have the blue connectors, you just have to find a way to adapt them to the new, standard red network. As far as the sensor reliability, that is an entirely different issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts