Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed out to the beach around 11 caught my bait of choice(pompano). paddled out the bait just before the second sand bar droped the bait and by the time it was all over it was 2. me and my brother waited for a bite for a good couple of hours with one small run but no take. the sun started to set and our hopes of landing a beast were were not high. literally the second the sun started to set the line went slack i got up to fix it, tightend the line to fix it but it would not stop tightening. with in a few seconds it was ON! the fish ripped line of the spool faster than i have ever seen before.

we fought the fish untill it wore us out then handed it off regained strength and by that time one of us was tired and needed a break. we fought it for a little over an hour. we finnaly got it to the surf and did our best to get it on the sand. it measured at 7 1/2'. i think its a bull but this is only my second shark so not posative. snapped a couple pics got the hook out and sent her on her way. after that all i can say is that the power of those animals is crazy and shark fishing is one hell of a rush and the fights are unreal. cant wait to do it again! and thank you to all that gave me advise before this adventure it was al very helpful to landing the shark.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That is one of the fattest sand bar sharks Ive ever seen if so. I just googled sand bar shark and apparently they do get as fat as bulls. Do you have a better picture of the head, or snout of it

·
Registered
45 Posts
All I do is landbase shark fish...I know the species. It's most definitely not a bull shark...It's a sandbar. I've also caught one that was really fat like this one. Dorsal fin is always the dead giveaway. Here's another monster sandbar I caught last year.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I do is landbase shark fish...I know the species. It's most definitely not a bull shark...It's a sandbar. I've also caught one that was really fat like this one. Dorsal fin is always the dead giveaway. Here's another monster sandbar I caught last year.
that picture dosent do it justise to how fat it was. ill post a picture my brother took of it with his girl friend that shows its gurth better.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this picture shows how fat it was a little better. also any idea on weight? it took me and my brother a good deal of effort to get it on the sand and we are both are above average as far as strength. it felt like it was 300lbs, or maybe i was just tierd from the fight.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts