Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the pass at Ft. Pickens Sunday and again today. The water clarity is as good as it gets with no grass and just a few jelly fish. There are sand fleas everywhere, it's a great time to stock up and put some in the freezer. The lady fish are everywhere, caught my biggest one ever Sunday and all the others were above average for me. Fun to bend the rod on with light tackle. Lot's of juvenile pompano everywhere so hope the will stick around and grow up. On Sunday I hooked up a nice 35 inch redfish as fat as can be. Caught on sand fleas waded way out and casted as far as I could get it in the deep water. Today was just lady after lady but the real kicker is there were schools of redfish cruising the beach all morning long. They were only 10-20 yards out. I offered everything I had; gulp shrimp, chartreuse gulp mullet, pink gulp mullet, unfair lure, mr17, gold spoon, sand fleas, even MATRIX shad. Nothing! Being able to see them and not get the to eat was torture! There was a fly fishing guide right there too and no luck on their end either. Couldn't buy a bite. Oh well. Bring your bug spray too, the black biting flies were out in force.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts