Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...i guess I need to send this over to the new forum!

So far everything is looking good for the Ft. Pickens clean up!

MBT will have a raffle for a 48" AB Biller...

MBT, Dive Pro, Bay Breeze seem to all be saying they'll give discounts for rentals, and air fills. FOR PARTICIPANTS!

Dalton and Michele have both helped out TREMENDOUSLY!!! And MANY others have offered help in anyway they can!

I have a list of 22 people started (from just the forum) and will be getting in touch with yall as the time gets a little closer to see if you'll be able to attend and if you have anyway you'd like to help!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL FOR HELPING AND PARTICIPATING!!!!!!!:clap

Here's the info!

Where: Ft Pickens (meeting up at the west most parking lot, bay side of Pcola Bch...if you don't have your own boat to get out there)

When: October 27, boats will be leaving around 9:30 (for the first trip!) (if you are able to bring a boat, and don't mind people riding along, it would be GREAT! Just let me know if you can help out transporting people!)

Food, water, and sodas are in the works to be provided!!!

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!!

Looking foward to it!

Michael

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yo, H2O...last I heard it was the 27th at 9:30 am. ButI imagine it will be an all day affair, so come when you get off work. Sure they'll be plenty to do:hotsun See ya there! PM "sailor" for further...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Its scheduled for 9:30, but like said...it's going to be an all day event probably!!! If the work gets done, and people just want to hang out, thats fine with me too!! If you have a boat your more than welcome to come at any time!! But if you don't have a boat, we'll be transporting people from the parking lot (before the Ft. Pickens gate) to the jetties...I can't guarentee that there will be a boat waiting there all day though incase people end up coming throughout the day. If you don't have a boat, but has a buddy that would like to join who does they are more than welcome! Anyone can show up!!!!!!!!

Michael

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the info...I will try my hardest to get off early. I will check back with a few more questions. Thanks.....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah man...any questions just shoot em this way! I'll do what I can to answer them!

Its 20 days from today, so coming up soon i'll be calling everyone to give them an update!!

I was at the "Dollar General" the other day to see if they had mesh bags. They have some laundry mesh bags for $2 a piece...If anyone knows where I might be able to pick up some cheaper mesh bags (for underwater trash collection) let me know! I'll probably pick up 10 or so from the Dollar store if no one has any other suggestions. Hopefully some people will already have a mesh bag they don't mind using, but i'll get some just incase!

Thanks again.

Park Service permit application was sent in last week, they waived the fee, but still can't really help out in any way (trash disposal...). DKdiver and I have trailers to haul trash out though, so we'll be fine!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm interested. Is there an offical sign-up, or just show-up. I have a small boat (20' CC), so that might help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NO VEHICLES will be allowed to drive into the park. We have a few boats set up to haul people and gear back and forth!

There are sign-up sheets at Bay Breeze, Dive Pro, MBT, and Scuba Shack! I'll add you to the list that I have from forum members, just send me a PM with your name and phone number!!!!

Getting closer and closer every day!!!

THis isn't concerning the clean up, but...I need EVERYONE's prayers!! All my relatives live in MI and I have a bunch of friends up there too! One of my friends, who i've known for years and has become a BEST long distance friend was involved in a plane crash last week. He has had his pilot license for a few years now, and logged over 150 hrs in the air. He was a student out of a flight school in GA where he was getting his commercial license for crop dusting.

He was flying solo from GA to Eubanks, AL a 85 mile trip (which he's done 7-8 times) and his plane disappeared from radar. He never made contact with Eubanks flight control...and a search was started thursday for the plane. I just got a call from an old girlfriend up there who told me they have found the plane and his body a few hours ago. I used to fly when I was younger and Kyle (the pilot) and I would always talk about dreaming to fly when we were like 12. After that call about the plane being found that was the first thing that popped into my head...our dreams!! He was the kind of guy who had more than 9 lives. My last guess was that he was actually still with the plane...more like he was sitting in the woods drinking a beer and smoking a cigar saying "damn, that was fun!"

I ask for prayers from everyone for the family and friends of Kyle Boss! A great 22 y/o with big dreams and a life of all fun!!

Thanks to all!!

You'll be missed Kyle, we'll fly together onthe clouds in the future!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sailor, did i give you my name and number to put on the list? if not here it is.

Wendell Bomar

850-982-2739

Man, sorry to hear about your friend. friends like that only come once. twice if your Damn lucky. prayers go out to you and his family.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep...got you on there!

I want to hear what caused the accident. I talked to my uncle earlier and he said that he heard that it looked like the plane went in nose first!! I've seen a lot of people go...friends and strangers, but its kinda different when they leave the world in odd ways like that! I've seen some news video where his mother-in-law spoke his words "life can be dangerous, but if you don't live it the way youenjoy there is no point in life them." The really sad part about the whole thing is, he's been married almost 1 yr, his 1yranniversery is next week. And he was planning on heading back home tomorrow to see the family and celerbrate....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cobia444-

We'll haul the trash from the jetty to the parking lot (by boat)where we will have a trailer waiting. It would be great if you wanted to join in on the clean-up. Send me a PM with your name and number and i'll add you to the list!!!

Thanks!

Michael

·
Registered
955 Posts
Michael,

Let me know how many mesh bags we need and I'll order them wholesale. Just give me a few days notice. I can usually get them in about 2-3 days.

I will also need about that much notice as to a total head count (divers and non-divers) so I know how much meat to smoke that Friday. I'll be smoking butts, dry rub ribs and chickens for those who don't do pork. I have a supplier online to provide what I need, just need to tell him how much.

We'll also need to know how many tanks we need to bring for other divers. DK and I plan on diving, but if there is more shuttling needed than diving throughout the day, we will stay topside to ferry folks.

DK had a group diving there yesterday (10/14) and they said there was a lot of trash both above and below, so let's get ready!

I have talked to several non-divers who are planning on coming to help and have passed the whens and wheres on to them. The more, the merrier!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts