Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the beach around 8am and set up one line with cut/peeled shrimp and the other with cut mullet. After waiting around with no bites I had one good hit on the mullet and it got off. I re-rigged and tossed it back out and about 30min later I had a perfect 26in keeper redfish. It was a beauty! I was alone and had my camera so I figured I would rinse the sand off before snapping a pic and throwing him in the cooler. Holding the fish firmly and I dunked him in the water...dumb idea.. he thrashed and tail slapped me in the face then slipped out of my hands and swam away! :furious: I kept fishing hoping to get another shot at a red and all I got was a blue fish. It was an eventful day and I learned a few lessons.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I've had gorgeous reds straighten hooks in the sand and break lose. Its always a sad day when that happens.

·
Team Reel Bros
81 Posts
Noo!!! Oh well, fisherman don't get stories to tell by getting the perfect catch every time. Thanks for sharing, looks like it was a nice day on the water.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was saying a few choice words when that fish jumped out of my hands!! I just got myself an early Christmas present. Olympus TG820 it's a digital camera like a GoPro but has all the features of a none underwater camera. It also shoots underwater video and pics in 1080p. I was testing out some of the features.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts