Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it legal to camp on Ft Mcrae and have a camp fire I've seen other people with tents there Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Were planing to camp there Friday / Saturday if anyone else is out stop by we have the Sea Ray HAPPY HOURS

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,261 Posts
No glass bottles or dogs allowed on the Fort side. We'll be out there sometime Friday during the day.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
bonita dan (3/30/2010)No glass bottles or dogs allowed on the Fort side. We'll be out there sometime Friday during the day.

No glass nor dogs anywhere from Pensacola Pass all the way west to the entrance of Johnson Beach. And technically, No dogs on the beach either on any Florida beaches unless designated a "dog beach". You can generally "get away" with dogs on Robertson/Admirals/Sand Island there north of Ft. McRee since the ranger can't get there.

Fires are allowed as long as they are close to the water or in a naked area of sand. Bring your own firewood as you could get a ticket for harvesting any wood that is or was growing on the park. But do not bring pallets or wood with nails in it to burn as that is a littering ticket because of the nails left behind.

And please bury your shit, really, your shit. I do not like to admire my shit and toilet paper and I definitely do not like to see others peoples shit.

That is not directed to you but to the general public, maybe it is over the top but it is a peeve of mine.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Slim pickins on firewood out there. youre gonna want to bring your own. when you think you have enough firewood, add about another half of what you already have. we ran out on the second night one night and it gets chilly

·
Registered
426 Posts
In addition to what has already been posted any open fires are prohibited if the local area is under a "fire danger alert." Usually this is because of lack of rain or high winds. Speaking from experience...we had a fire right at the waters edge during one of the "fire alert" times and got a visit from one of the friendly park rangers. No ticket but was told you couldn't have a open fire under the fire danger alert times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts