Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Penn 7500SS (Made in USA) (pics added!)

Reel was recently purchased used (barely) and comes with box and paperwork. Spooled with 12lb pink Ande from last trip out, the reel looks practically brand new. $85 via Paypal.

Note: Price includes shipping and Paypal as I live in Atlanta, GA.

Nothing wrong with the reel, but the only reason I'm parting with it is that I make it down to the gulf once a year if I'm lucky these days and I'm in need of new freshwater gear for the rest of the year here in GA. It saw minimal use on the end of Russell-Fields and OIP a couple of weeks ago, but has since been sitting in a box, clean and ready to go. I use my 4500ss more often even for kings, so I've gotta let its big brother go.... :(

Feel free to call or text (602) 492-4471, or e-mail [email protected] with any questions. Visit http://bit.ly/kLDeAW if you'd like to see some feedback on my dealings in the past (100% positive), and if you're a guitarist - check me out on http://www.thegearpage.net/board/ under "hxchip" as I've had many flawless transactions there as well.

Thanks!

Photos below:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd think so, in the right hands of course. I nearly landed a decent sized shark on 12lb test and a 4500ss recently, so I would suspect that in the right hands with heavier line bigger sharks and rays wouldn't be a problem. I had bought it to fight kings or cast to lings off the pier, but as I said - I don't make it down there enough and I use reeaally light tackle in freshwater (even for stripers) so it just wouldn't get enough use to justify keeping it.

I'm out in Snellville, by the way - not too terribly far from Conyers - about 45 minutes? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I use a 7500SS for surf fishing and have landed some pretty big Jack Crevalles. (probably 20-25 lbs) Also some pretty good size rays.
I would put 20 lb line on it though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump.

beachmatt31 asked first but hasn't responded to PMs in a while.

Anyone else interested in this reel?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll add them to the first post... uploading now. Thanks for the friendly reminder - I meant to a while ago and never got around to pulling it out of the box. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts