Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TJ McBoatFace
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

THANK YOU!!

I have a 50" Koah mid-handle and I would like a battle axe as I think it suits me better.

I'm open to a straight out sale or trade if anyone is interested.

The mid handle is rigged for Louisiana rig diving with a slip tip (Mori??), stainless steel cable (one double wrap), and three bands. The gun was used on a few rig dives, normal wear & tear can be expected.

PM me or send me a text to seven one three 364-dive and I can send you a few photos.

I'm regularly between Panama City Beach & Pensacola and drive to South Louisiana (Houma) once a month. In person transaction or up front payment & shipment only.

These guns are badd-arse and I think the set up is just wrong for my purpose.

·
TJ McBoatFace
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Retail for the gun with the Mori slip tip is around $690 plus tax. Given that the gun is no longer brand new should knock off at least $100, so I'm open to realistic offers starting there. If I'm off base and someone is seriously wanting the gun as described, I'm open to their suggestion of a reasonable sales price.

Respectfully yours,

Ragin

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
The Koahs are a copy of what I have, a DeathStick, (not meant as a negative comment). The semi enclosed track style gun is the only way to sort. Once you've tried out you will wonder why they even make spear guns any other way. Zero shaft whip means laser like accuracy, and way more power. When all the band power goes to propelling that shaft straight out of the barrel instead of some being lost in shaft flex. I had same exact size Riffe, same shaft, same band stretch, same exact bands, but with my DeathStick I usually only load two bands because even on fast AJ's at a good distance the shaft would blow all the way through.

I highly recommend anybody who hasn't used a semi enclosed track him to try it. Good luck worn the sell

·
TJ McBoatFace
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Stormy...yes the gun is still available if you're interested. I believe I responded to your PM. I'll make you a good deal on it, make your best offer. Just added another tip in addition to the slip tip and I haven't cut off the stainless steel cable just yet (in case that was preferred? or wanted at all) but if I do decide to try it again I was going to rig in in mono.

I'll be back in town around Nov 21st and the gun will be available around then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts