Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**SOLD**SOLD**SOLD**

I am selling my HP Mini Notebook. It has been used very little and is in great shape. The only reason we bought this was for the built in web cam so we could Skype family back home. We have just bought a new computer and no longer use this. Below is a description, I am asking $150 or best offer. Brand new they are $280 @ Walmart. I will post pics as soon as they show up in my e-mail. Im not sure how to post them from my phone. O*D*W

Item Description

Top of Page
Prepare to be noticed when you take the HP Mini Netbook PC out on the town. Small, slim and stylish, the HP Mini 210 lets you surf the web, stay connected, and be entertained wherever you go. Amp up the fun by playing videos and music or showing off your photos. Exclusive, integrated software keeps you in sync with your life by letting you e-mail, chat, and instantly access your files from anywhere. With bottom case cover that conceals component access points and matches the top cover, the HP Mini Netbook PC looks great from every angle and is protected by world-class support.

• HP Mini Netbook PC:
  • Intel Atom Processor N450
    1.66GHz, 512 KB L2 Cache
  • 1GBDDR2 System Memory
    Enough memory to handle today's Basic computer needs &surfing the internet.
  • 160GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive
    Store your music, videos, photos and documents with plenty of space to spare
  • Wired Ethernet; Wireless WiFi
    Connect the HP Mini Netbook PC to a broadband modem with 10/100 Ethernet; connect wirelessly to a WiFi network or hotspot with built-in 802.11b/g/n WLAN
  • 10.1" Diagonal WSVGA LED HP Anit-glare Widescreen display
    1024x600 resolution; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 with 256 MB of Total Graphics Memory

Additional Features
  • Integrated Webcam
  • 5-in-1 Digital Media Reader
  • 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone/microphone combo jack, 1 x RJ-45 port, 1 x Kensington lock slot
  • 3 Cell battery for 3+ hour average battery life
  • AC power supply included

Software
  • Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
  • Microsoft Works with Office Home and Student 2007 60 day Trial edition
  • Symantec Norton Internet Secruity 2010 Trial
  • HP Recovery Manager

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the pics. Any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks for Looking. O*D*W

Attachments

·
Banned
479 Posts
I am thinking about selling a computer similar to this one, but am concerned over security. How do you clear off all the personal information? Did you use a program?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I am thinking about selling a computer similar to this one, but am concerned over security. How do you clear off all the personal information? Did you use a program?
Format the HD, then reload from the startup disk. All your info will be gone, but it will have the software the computer came with. If you google it, you'll find some good instructions.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt use anything on it otherr than for Skype. Never downloaded anything to it, nor did we use it for music or movies. Strictly Skype. I have no idea how you would wipe it clean of personal info if it were to have any. O*D*W

·
Banned
479 Posts
Format the HD, then reload from the startup disk. All your info will be gone, but it will have the software the computer came with. If you google it, you'll find some good instructions.
Ours is a cheapo Toshiba netbook type with no disk drive and (obviously) no startup disk. It only has the Windows trial edition. Ours has been used, unfortunately, to pay bills and such. I have read that I should not even sell it, but just take the hit to avoid identity theft and all that. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just because you deleted it does not mean that someone cannot get the data back. Do a format then a reinstall then install BCWipe (http://www.jetico.com/wiping-bcwipe/) . Then you use the BC Wipe to wipe the free space.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HP has been Sold. Thanks to all who looked. Rick, it was good to meet you. I hope it works well for what you are using it for. O*D*W (Mike)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts