Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to sell my Hobie Sport that never gets used. It is a white/ivory color. Not as tan as the current Ivory Dune color but not pure white either. Not sure on year but it is an older model with the flip up rudder and and locking cams for the mirage drive.

First the goods:

I have put on a brand new rudder. I have also converted the old V1 drums, chain assemblies and idler cable to the more reliable V2. It also has a pair of turbo fins used only a couple of times. Last but not least I added the new mirage seat with lumbar support. This all cost me over 350 dollars. For its age, it doesnt have that many scratches at all and they really dont show up due to the color.

Now, the bads:

The biggest issue is that there is a small crack, really it looks as if some one cut it, at the cup holder. Its pretty small, less then two inches long and maybe as thick as your average butter knife. Since its above the water line and in the cock pit it never bothered me. Even after taking it in some rough surf just to play and flipping it several times, it did not take on any more water then my Outback does in an average day of fishing. If some one is serious and its a huge issue and I will try and get it fixed for you. The other bad is the mirage drive doesnt have the foot straps. Not a big deal really and honestly the straps on my outback get in my way and I often just step on them.

I am five foot eight and just under two hundred pounds and this kayak is plenty big enough for me. I am very comfortable in it even in the Gulf. I just dont use it because my electronics are on my Outback. If youre much over six foot its probably not the one for you but I live close to water and anyone is more then welcome to try it out.

Im in Navarre and looking to get $825, cheap way to get into hands free kayak fishing. Pics to follow.

EDIT TO ADD: Pics in post number eight.

·
baby_doc
420 Posts
im really interested just put some pictures up and let me know when i could look at it. pm me!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
That little cut by the cup holder can be fixed with some silicone or for a more permanent fix use some G-flex I might have some . Or just use as is since its so small and above the water

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just havnt fixed it just because if its taking on water, you have more to worry about then that crack because the way it floats upside down its still out of the water. The kayak would have to be totally submerged for water to enter it. And I keep calling it a crack but I think its really a cut, very clean and straight.

If you got some maybe bring it next time your down this way, besides we need to fish again before you leave.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys sorry it took so long for the pics, here they are. As you can see, the crack is pretty small. The penny does NOT fit in it and really no more then a cosmetic issue.

With the upgrade Ive done, you are really getting this kayak for less than five hundred dollars and I doubt any one would sell this same yak with out upgrades for less than five hundred dollars.

I am going to give it a few more days on PFF then off to Craigslist.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts