Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cleaning out some of my older stuff for the new year!!!

706Z Mech 9/10 cosm 9/10 It has been refinished with a urethane three part paint. The paint on it is about a year old and has held up great. I refinish old spinfisher's and haveusedthis painton about 45 other reels and havent had any problems from any of my customers. SOLD

Penn 704 Custom This was a 704 green but was milled and painted. Mech 9/10 cosm 8/10 the only reason its cosmetically an 8 is because of the pitting on the reel seat. I'm sure after you put it on a rod it wouldnt show as bad. SOLD

Shimano TLD 25's (2) mech and cosm 9/10 GREAT ALL AROUND REELS!!!SOLD

Last is a Penn 705 Green Original!!! Comes with the Box (missing top and worn), papers, and lube. This reel is LIKE NEW!!!asking $150.00 OBO

Good luck and first come first serve. Any questions will be gladly answered! Call 850 502 9204 or PM me thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was doing the I was doing them for $60 + parts + shipping.(not a bad deal considering its 20 - 25 toclean and grease them) When i'm done the inside and out practically look new.I have recently moved and haven't had a chance to set up a paint booth in my new house to do this yet. I plan on doing so as soon as I have a garage sale and clean some of the junk out to make room.

I'll put some pics up of some that i've done in the past, enjoy!

·
Jigging Member
836 Posts
You charge 25 dollars to clean and lube a z series penn? Your insane. We only charge 15 dollars. It takes like 30 minutes tops to do any z series reel.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GOOD FOR YOU DUDE:clap:clap:looser

NO, I didn't say that " I " charge 25 dollars to clean and grease a Z reel. this is what was said " .(not a bad deal considering its 20 - 25 toclean and grease them) " which meansSOME shops will charge you 20 to 25 dollars to clean and grease your reel.

You also pull the cover off one that you did in "30 minutes tops" and you show me it looks like ones in the pics!!! It takes 30 minutes just to clean and pollish the brass the way I do.

Next time dont be such a JERK to call someone a name before you think what you thought!!!!

:Flipbird

·
Registered
226 Posts
Matt09 (1/26/2010)You charge 25 dollars to clean and lube a z series penn? Your insane. We only charge 15 dollars. It takes like 30 minutes tops to do any z series reel.

the epitome of the fine and sophisticated pensacola fishing forum.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your the one calling people names KID!!! If I owned a tackle shop and wanted to pay some KID 8 bucks an hour to clean and grease a reel then yeah I would only charge 15 bucks tops to do it. Us real world adults have to have busines's to pay our REAL WORLD bills, we don't always have the luxury of living with mommy and daddy and them paying the bill for everything. SO what even if "I" did charge 25 dollars to clean a reel. Why do you have such a problem with that??? Just so you know I don't JUST clean and grease reels. Its either I refinish it completely or I dont do it. BESIDESi have to leave some workfor you GO-FER kids to do at a tackle shop while the adults handle the business.

SHOW ME ONE OF YOUR REELS THAT YOU REFINISH IN 30 MINUTES!!!!

If you want to apologize for calling me insane then I will forgive you, If not then SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!

·
Jigging Member
836 Posts
Haha, thats just a part time job man. Its not an every day thing. And i assure you that when i clean a reel its the right way. KID? Ya im 19 years old. So what? Im not trying to start a fight with you over it im just stating a fact. Penn z series reels are one of, if not the simplest reels ever made. Do you not agree? And we charge 15 dollars a reel for any spinning reel, the price goes up at a 6/0. And i dont even make 8 dollars an hour there. If it means anything i do appologize then. :usaflag

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i would agree that the Penn spinfisher reel is an easy reel to take apart and put back together considering that their are few parts. I'm gonna end it here because the only thing I wanted to acomplish with this thread is selling some good fishing equipment to good fisherman.

And yes I do accept your apology

·
Registered
152 Posts
Damn fella's, I didnt intend to start afight, just wanted to know how much it wold cost me to get a reel repainted. It isn't worth fighting over, I assure you. Thanks for the laughs though. You say you moved, are you in Destin ?

Regards, Woody

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, never did much of that since I have always had a boat. I heard its a good time though considering their's a shit load of people to hang out with!

·
Registered
226 Posts
oh i thought maybe you were a bryan that use to fish out there a lot and had lived on the island. i have a boat too, might know you from there. "cajun thunder"

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't think that I've seen it, I lived right on gulf shore drive but my boat was on the trailor in the drive instead of at the dock:boo Just didnt want to paint the bottom considering I was only renting.

·
Registered
257 Posts
hey bryan that solid black reel is really nice! how much is that one oh and um what is that one a penn? is that a king size reel?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts