Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about plantingsome fruit trees on the farm we huntthinking the deer might like them. Do you all think the deer would like Pears, figs? One of my coworkers said Persimmons would be a good one..Anyone have anyadvice on fruit trees that do well infloridathat deer would like? The farm we hunt is around the Crestview area and thinking maybe we could sweeten it up a little. Good luck to all who get in the woods this weekend..

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Honey Locust.

Several planted in small clearingsabout 50ydsfrom fields. I have never seen anything that deer were more attacted to. Last year I bowshot a nice 9pt as stood on his hind legs and streched to try to get to a pod. All the lower were already pulled and he felt he could reach this one although it was several inches out of his reach. Needless to say it is a pretty good angle to shoot at a deer standing verticle on his rear legs.

·
Registered
328 Posts
WHAT TREE WILL DO WELL DEPENDS ON YOUR SOIL TYPE AS WELL AS DRAINEAGE,SANDY,SHADED, ETC.. LOOK AT THE WILDLIFE GROUP IN TUSKEGEE AL I HAVE BOUGHT LOTS OF TREES FROM THEM AND THEY CAN HELP YOU. GOOD LUCK!

·
Super Moderator
28,619 Posts
Pears, Fig, Persimmon in that order......Mine are still growing and I probably won't have good fruit fer another few years...but I can tell ya, youDUMP A BUCKET OF PEARS AROUND ANYWHERE DEER WILL BE AND THEY'LL BE GONE IN ABOUT A DAY!!! Plan fer the future today!!!!:clap:clap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts