Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this update today from the FWC, looks like they are doing as good a job on the hunting change over as they do managing our snapper.:whistling: How long does it take to get something like this right?
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

An Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) software update released last week for its Survey123 for ArcGIS app has created an issue that prevents the FWC Deer Harvest Reporting Form from downloading when using the link or QR code provided in the app installation instructions. ESRI is aware of the issue and will be releasing a fix as soon as possible.
If you downloaded the new version of the app (version 3.5.176) in the last week, you won’t be able to download/install the Deer Harvest Reporting Form in the app. Hunters who downloaded/installed the reporting form prior to that should still be able to use the app to record their harvest. If you have not yet downloaded the app and installed the Florida Deer Harvest Reporting form, please refrain from doing so until the app is fixed.
Zone A archery and crossbow hunters who are unable to download the FWC Deer Harvest Reporting Form in the app can use a paper harvest log and report harvested deer by calling the toll-free Deer Harvest Reporting Hotline at 844-392-DEER (3337). For more information about deer harvest reporting requirements, please visit MyFWC.com/HarvestReport.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as the app developer works through this challenge, and we’ll reach back out once the app fix is complete and available.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I’m not going to hang the snapper debacle on the FWC. The federal government is driving that lunacy. As for the deer management issue, the changes are great but the rollout of the new app makes the Obamacare rollout look genius. I’d like for them to explain why they could not incorporate the harvesting reporting process in the current FWC app as for example Georgia has down with their app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Praedator
10,009 Posts
So, now you have to check for updates to the app/FWC announcements before you go hunting. Because if you are depending on the app to be legal, you may not be legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said you can use the app OR the paper/call method. Well if I have the app and it doesn't work all of a sudden, and I don't have my paper with me, then I can't move my deer!!!!!

Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll have the paper with me and call it in. Everything in my life seems electronic and sometimes lets me down in time of need. Paper has never failed me

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
OK ??? Must have been a horrible dream.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts