Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed down to Fort Pickens in May (13th thru 17th) all the way from Kansas to do some offshore kayak fishing. We usually go in August. Will bait fish be around? Any suggestions on sabiki sizes or color? How about cobia, will they still be around?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
sabiki doesn't really matter on color to me. when you find the bait they seem to hit any sabiki I throw. cobia are being caught now. it will continue to get better as the water warms up. good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I would suggest going a little farther east like Navarre area. there will be a lot of big boat traffic in the pickens area that time of year. everyone looking for cobia.

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
I'm headed down to Fort Pickens in May (13th thru 17th) all the way from Kansas to do some offshore kayak fishing. We usually go in August. Will bait fish be around? Any suggestions on sabiki sizes or color? How about cobia, will they still be around?

I prefer a number 8 in green for a sabiki. Bait should be easy to get, it's already pretty consistent and will only get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts