Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen that Friday was going to be nice seas,so myself and Shane left Opelika,Al at 1 am. Timed it just right for Sams bait to open in Orange beach at 5 am. Had the boat in the water before day break catching bait. Left the pass about 7 am with plenty of lively pin fish,headed to Sparkman and was fishing by 8 am. Immediatly had double hook ups with amberjacks, both just 2 inches of being legal:banghead dropped again, hooked up with a nice Bull Red. To many 15 1/2 snappers to mention. 2 kings on cigar minnows,but couldn't find any legal red snappers so we moved on to my favorite spot. If you know me, then you know the spot. Upon arrival the snappers were schooled up and were from the bottom to 60 feet off the bottom. Very quickly put our limit of 4 snapper in the box, not whoppers but decent.Shane caught a spanish on the King rig that weighed 6 lbs. Biggest one I've seen.Started dropping cut squid on the 2 hook rig,caught3 triggers , couple of mingo.2 white snappers, and started in.

Stopped and looked for some tanks,and the numbers were right on. They were loaded,but after a few drops realized it was Just short sized snappers.Well after driving down all night and tired we headed in alot earlier than I normally do. But we caught fish consistently all day,Had our limit of snapper:) which was my goal. After listening to Sat forecast we decided to come on home Sat morning. Great day on the water,fish were hungry, my old coon hunting buddy was whipped ready to :hungry and get some:sleeping. Looking forward to some winter fishing No more snapper to, when? :nononoJune 1 st 2008? :toast WHO CARES ABOUT A RED SNAPPER! Let's go to the edge and catch some grouper and football size mingos! Took a couple of pictures at the launch. Tony

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Nice box o' fish!

You definitely picked the right day. We went out of Perdido pass yesterday and had great seas most of the day.

It was nasty out there today.

Felix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts