Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a good buddy of mine Chris Roney went out Friday night. Ft. Pickens looked like a Three Ring Circus in which at one point I counted 11 boats floundering. Anyway, I've been wanting to try a little secluded bank that a friend of mine had pointed out and we had great success! Chris killed the biggest fish he's ever put a gig into and we couldn't have had a better time! Weather was cold, moon was going down, and the Flounder weren't pouring out like I had hoped but we picked up a few here and there and managed what we thought was a limit only to get home and find we were 1 short....lol, I never have been that good in math!

Me holding up the biggest/thickest fish of the night!

My main partner, Mr. Murphy checking out the evenings catch!

Definitely a quality fish.....want to weigh it...anyone have any thoughts? I'm thinking that it's somewhere around 6lbs???

·
Registered
802 Posts
That's a nice batch of Flatties! I've been wanting to try that giging thing sounds like a Hoot.:clap:clap

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Buzzsaw (11/17/2007)

Definitely a quality fish.....want to weigh it...anyone have any thoughts? I'm thinking that it's somewhere around 6lbs???
so he was around 22-23 inches???... mmm he'd definatly go 5, if he was super thick he may go 6... check out the one in my photo gallery, he (she) was 27" and very fat, and only went 6 1/4 (on IGFA scales):banghead

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VS200B- You were right on the money! 5.7lbs...on a digital scale my next door neighbor had. Obviously not a certified scale or anything but some real nice filets!

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Buzzsaw (11/18/2007)VS200B- You were right on the money! 5.7lbs...on a digital scale my next door neighbor had. Obviously not a certified scale or anything but some real nice filets!
so when's dinner again???... good job man!, those are some great fish!:bowdown

1 - 15 of 15 Posts