Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my vacation request approved for Friday! Hopefully the weather holds out for us!!

For all you folks stuck at work:moon

Just kiddn:angel

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
I hope so for your sake. What fish are you targeting.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Am hoping the best for you.. I am gonna try to make it out too after cancelling today. This weather us CRAP!

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Shurketch crewwill be out there tomorrow............need a few more snapper in my freezer. Looks like next snapper season is going to be a short one, so enjoy catching them while we can...................Ed

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
it's probably not bad at all out there.... here's the info from the bouy 60 miles south of the pass.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#f0f8fe border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Wind Direction (WDIR):</TD><TD>N ( 360 deg true )</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Wind Speed (WSPD):</TD><TD>5.8 kts</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Wind Gust (GST):</TD><TD>9.7 kts</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Wave Height (WVHT):</TD><TD>1.0 ft</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Dominant Wave Period (DPD):</TD><TD>7 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Average Period (APD):</TD><TD>4.1 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Mean Wave Direction (MWD):</TD><TD>WSW ( 240 deg true )</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Atmospheric Pressure (PRES):</TD><TD>30.09 in</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Pressure Tendency (PTDY):</TD><TD>+0.05 in ( Rising )</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Air Temperature (ATMP):</TD><TD>68.5 °F</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Water Temperature (WTMP):</TD><TD>78.6 °F</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Dew Point (DEWP):</TD><TD>45.0 °F</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,159 Posts
Friday <U>was</U> good. A bit bouncy in the A.M., but got really nice in the afternoon. We caught a couple of red grouper, 1 small scamp, 3 jacks, and a limit of snapper, weighed a 5#2oz at the Destin Rodeo. Couldn't get the kings to bite, water may have been too cool.

A wonderful day to end my fishing season. (I caught the last snapper of the day):clap

Tomorrow, I'll clean and winterize the boat.:reallycrying, then Sunday off to my other life in Arkansas.

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Boy, it sure was nice this afternoon. I ran out Destin Pass around 1 pm.Seas were about 1 foot. Stopped at SW Edge and started trolling. Trolled down to the Nipple. Water looked good, but not much luck. Saw a bunch of birds working the water around 3 pm. Had two high-speed lures out and circled the flock twice. Got a strike on a cedar plug. Got the smallest blackfin tuna in the world. It didn't even pull drag out on the strike. Got one other strike about a half hour later and caught about a 3 pound mahi. Trolled until the sun went down and headed back to the Pass as the winds started picking up. I was able to run at a pretty good clip for my boat up until about 6 miles from the Pass. Coming through the Pass and under the bridge, the wind was already building up to 10-15 out of the north. Supposed to blow pretty good this weekend. Glad to get out for one last Rodeo trip. Heading north to Minnesota next week for deer season. Season opens next Saturday. Not the most productive season for me, but I'm in good shape for next year! Hey anybody know a good tuna kabob recipe. The tuna's not big enough for sushi. :doh

·
Super Moderator
5,901 Posts
It was good for us. 550-600 pound blue marlin to the boat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts