Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight on this topic? I currently have a Riptide SP Ipilot from 2012 that I am about to replace with a Riptide Terrova Link. I know this is a little silly but my boat is Camo and the white trolling motor looks out of place. I wish I could get the Riptide Terrova in black. Anyone use freshwater motor in our area and how well did it hold up? My current one is 8 years old and still works flawlessly. Looking at 24v 80lb 60in with Link.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
No matter how much you rinse it, a fresh water trolling motor will be destroyed in a short time. Don't ask how I know that.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,580 Posts
Have the riptide Hydro dipped in the same camp pattern and roll out... I had two dipped on my old duck boats and they both held up great.

Reactions: DLo

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about wrapping it and dipping it and painting it but I just thought the shaft wouldnt hold anything since the collar slides up and down it so much. How does the hydro dip hold up on the shaft?

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
I’ve been thinking about getting a saltwater, bow-mount, hand-control trolling motor for my 13’ Boston Whaler.
Doing a google search, the Minn Kota Rip Tide comes up but the reviews are terrible. Any alternate suggestions?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had an older motorguide that was a freshwater unit. Used it in the salt a few times when down in Destin on vacation years ago (always rinsed in a big bucket of freshwater) and it was fine for a few years although I could tell it was fading even with new batteries. I just ordered a motorguide Xi5 saltwater unit for my CC as there would be no way I would invest in a freshwater unit for any extended use here in P’cola.

·
Super Moderator
28,283 Posts
Z, my whole boat is grey and black....My Terrova sticks out like a sore thumb too but I don't care!!! Make sure you head north to Andalusia Marine when you want one.... I gotta run up there before Friday to pick up my sled fer my South FL fishing trip so ifin you wanna run up there, yell at me brother!!! That is if you are still in town again...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
June 18th Ill be back in town for good!!!!!!!!!! Finally get to move home. Buying in Milton.

Thanks for the feed back on the trolling motor too, guys. I guess already knew the answer just was hoping someone would say that their freshwater motor does just fine in salt. I have a 50lb tiller on my layout boat and it holds up but it was much cheaper so thats why i didnt care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts