Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the beach side for 3 hours with some live shrimp. Caught 1 sheepshead @ 18 inches. Talked to some of the winter warriors out their and one guy said he caught 9 or 10 sheepshead on fiddler crabs. So next time I am going out to the gulf side to see what is biting.

·
FishSlayer
565 Posts
It's a hit or miss on what bait they will hit best on each day, best bet is to take about a dozen or 2 of crabs and shrimp and figure out from there

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,124 Posts
I like Fiddler Crabs the best and just keep the in my jacket pocket as I go from one piling to the next. If you bring your hook up empty you're in the right spot..!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Went out to the beach side for 3 hours with some live shrimp. Caught 1 sheepshead @ 18 inches. Talked to some of the winter warriors out their and one guy said he caught 9 or 10 sheepshead on fiddler crabs. So next time I am going out to the gulf side to see what is biting.
How big we're the shrimp and were you fishing them whole/live? I've had good luck on fresh dead pieces of larger Shrimp. Again, it's just what they want that day.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always have a bubbler and I switched the batteries out for new ones and checked the hose line to make sure it was bubbling.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's okay because it happened at tight lines so they might of not gotten any fresh shrimp in yet. Better when you get them fresh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts