Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be stupid in some peoples eyes BUT im really interested in learning about it. my main question is do they really worship satan? any other info you could offer would be appreciated as well

illuminati? do you believe the conspiracy theory?

·
Registered
956 Posts
No they do not lol . My father has been a part of Masonic Lodge 291 since I can remember. While its nothing I am interested in , he loves it. They do have some ( in my eyes ) rituals, but no they do not worship satan or the penis lol. They do study alot most of which is based on the bible and there own masonic bible ( dont know what it is called ) . Way I see it is a bunch of older guys need a reason to hang out .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your informative responds. and not being sarcastic like the other assholes who left comments. i appreciate it

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Gunman, My grandfather was an 32 honorary 33rd degree mason and I have always wanted to join, hoping to this year. The reason there is the rumor of satan worship is because it is a secret society, so when others don't know what goes on within they tend to speculate WILDLY in some instances. becoming a mason also means become a better man, a better son, a better father, a better husband, you will be investigated by the masons, they will talk to your family and friends, try not calling folks @ssholes as often as possible, might help later on, and good luck in your journey.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
CCC (4/4/2010)Gunman, My grandfather was an 32 honorary 33rd degree mason and I have always wanted to join, hoping to this year. The reason there is the rumor of satan worship is because it is a secret society, so when others don't know what goes on within they tend to speculate WILDLY in some instances. becoming a mason also means become a better man, a better son, a better father, a better husband, you will be investigated by the masons, they will talk to your family and friends, try not calling folks @ssholes as often as possible, might help later on, and good luck in your journey.
One correction. It is not a secret society. It is society with some secrets.

Wade Hatten, Past Master, Jay Lodge #176....

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Always seemed to me to be like a post college fraternity. Nothing wrong with that.

I was in a fraternity, and we had "rituals" too. And if everyone knows your rituals, they aren't special anymore, so we tried to keep them to ourselves. Nothing evil about privacy. And there the word "ritual" doesn't mean you are worshiping the devil.

Definition of ritual: "any customary observance or practice"

So when I get up in the morning and have my coffee , brush my teeth, I'm doing my ritual, and it has nothing to do with satan.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
CCC (4/4/2010)I knew that would be corrected, and to tell the truth there are no secrets anymore with the advent of the internet, you can learn the secret handshakes, rituals, and anything else you would like to know.

Unfortunately, this is true. One thing I hate about the internet, it has made everything public knowledge. No one has privacy anymore

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks to everyone who responded. sorry about the "asshole" comment, just dont like sarcastic replies to something im really interested in. and to the person that said Use the internet at my fingertips- I DID AND THATS WHERE I GOT THE RUMORS OF SATAN WORSHIP!! I JUST WANTED TO GET A REAL RESPONDS FROM A REAL MASON OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ONE.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
GunMan (4/4/2010) and to the person that said Use the internet at my fingertips- I DID AND THATS WHERE I GOT THE RUMORS OF SATAN WORSHIP!! I JUST WANTED TO GET A REAL RESPONDS FROM A REAL MASON OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ONE.
That is funny!!!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
GunMan (4/4/2010)thanks to everyone who responded. sorry about the "asshole" comment, just dont like sarcastic replies to something im really interested in. and to the person that said Use the internet at my fingertips- I DID AND THATS WHERE I GOT THE RUMORS OF SATAN WORSHIP!! I JUST WANTED TO GET A REAL RESPONDS FROM A REAL MASON OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ONE.

Looks to me he was reaching out to the internet...Isn't this forum on the internet? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks to me he was reaching out to the internet...Isn't this forum on the internet?

GOOD POINT.LOL

·
Registered
956 Posts
Not sure but my understanding that they were called Satan worshipers is because there are a few things in their book that don't exactly agree with the word of the holy bible. I am not sure what those things are but I remember watching something on it on the history channel a while back.

·
Praedator
9,919 Posts
I have my grandfather's freemason bible sitting up in the closet. I have never done anything with it or looked into it though. But, a lot of history in the freemason society.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Telum Pisces (4/4/2010)I have my grandfather's freemason bible sitting up in the closet. I have never done anything with it or looked into it though. But, a lot of history in the freemason society.

youve never had an interest to look into that bible and see what all the fuss is about? does anyone know if you can buy a MASONIC BIBLE?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You can buy a Masonic Bible, but generally someone will give you one when you are raised to Master Mason. It does have quite a bit of historical information on the fraternity, but it is just a large presentation version of the KJV of the Holy Bible.

You should talk with a Master Mason before making any decisions. The only way you will ever receive knowledge is to ask, and a Master Mason is the one who can direct you. Then if you decide that it is the route for you, then the Lodge is the place where you will receive knowledge.

Good luck in your search.

Mitch Sims, 32 degree Scottish Rite Mason, Master Mason Lodge 258, Branson, Missouri.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts