Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I might get some crap for this post, but I am posting anyways. I originally ran this post about 8 months ago and had plenty of interest. Good and Bad. Then I re-nigged on the offer because my family was trying to stay together.

Well, here I am again. Due to the upcoming change in my living situation, I need to find a real good home for my male yellow lab Rocky. He is a little over 4 years old and he stays inside except when I am at work. He fetches, catches,sits, lays down, speaks and releases his toys on command. He has not been neutered. He was bought as a poppy from a breeder in Colorado and looks great. He is a lab so he has tons of energy and needs lots of affection and attention. And he really loves the water which he has not been around lately.

He is not bad with very young kids, but I will say is is kin of indifferent with them. I have twin 2 year old girls.Kids that might be old enough to play with him would be totally different. He lost his playmate a couple of years ago, which was another lab, and that was tough on him.

Also, he is not a shoe/furniture chewer or backyard digger to date. But he does have a lot of energy.

This is not a money thing. I just really want to find him a better home and environment than I cannot currentlyprovide him with. He deserves better. I have owned labs my whole life so please no sermons on "howI should have known what I was getting into in being a dog owner."

So if you have a little land or are interested in another dog for a playmate for yours, please shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
848 Posts
Darren, I sent out an e-mail several days ago and two people called about Rocky, they were supposed to call you. I would recommend calling or putting up a sign at some of the vets offices. Good Luck! We will find him a good home!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still trying to find a goodhome for Rocky. I am located off Chemstrand and Kingsfield road in Cantonment.

He is a great dog.

·
Registered
811 Posts
how is he with cats? we live on the water, and have a border collie and an australian shepard, but also two outside cats that love dogs and the two dogs we have love the cats. How does he do with kitties around?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have two cats. He has no problem with them. I am running out of time and I really need to find him a home.

Bump.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump. I will have to take him to the Pensacola kennel in 4 days. Please, somebody find a place for him.

Darren

384-3786

1 - 17 of 17 Posts