Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing out of OB last week and when returning thru Perdido Pass noticed a boater working on his engine. We stopped and asked if he needed help and he asked if we would pull him to Boggy point boat ramp. We hooked up and pulled him safely to the pier. When we saw that he was safely tied up, we wished him well, and he didn't even look up , say thanks, kiss my foot or anything. I didn't expect anything exceptfor him to say thanks, but he didn't seem to appreciate our help.

I have been broken down several times at OB and have never had anyone stop to help. I have had to call Seatow (I ama member) and wait for 1-2 hours before the boat arrives. If you are broken down and someone helps, you should at least say thanks!

BTW I have had the same experience after pulling boats at Lake Weiss on several occasions.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Hopefully it was a "HEAT OF THE MOMENT" thing and he was worrying about his boat. It certainly doesn't seem right that he wouldn't be thankfull for the tow. Hopefully it'll be good Karma for you and you will never need another tow. Thanks for taking the time and effort to help another boater in trouble.

Skip

·
Registered
222 Posts
I heard somewhere that it's against the law not to help a fellow boater in distress.

I found a guy one night who's running lights weren't working. I gave him a flashlight so that he could make it across the bay without getting run over. He said he would return my flashlight the next day. Never heard from him again. At least he said thanks.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
bamagator (1/28/2010)I heard somewhere that it's against the law not to help a fellow boater in distress.

I found a guy one night who's running lights weren't working. I gave him a flashlight so that he could make it across the bay without getting run over. He said he would return my flashlight the next day. Never heard from him again. At least he said thanks.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It ought to be against the law not to thank someone for helping you out.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
bamagator (1/28/2010)I heard somewhere that it's against the law not to help a fellow boater in distress.

It is

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This fellow was in the pass on a strong outgoing tide with no power. I believe he would have been in the rocks in 15+- minutes. I didn't mind helping at all, but Damn!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I feel your pain brother. I too have helped people only to be "stiffed" with no thank you, go to hell or anything. All I can say is continue to "pay it forward". Hopefully this no-grass ass will help someone else that needs help. I just hope they don't stiff him like he did to you.

Just know YOU did the right thing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's the kind of people that shuld not be alowed to owne a BOAT!! :letsdrink :letsdrink :letsdrink Hell i say thank's if someone holds a door for me! But i guess it's us that give a hand that makes us :angel You know it's the Surthern way! :letsdrink

·
Registered
756 Posts
My .02 ...IMHI, you all are absolutely right about offering up a grateful thank you when someone assists you, in any way, to overcome an incident... on or off the H2O. For us that do these sorts of things, I hope they are continued. I know that I would ALWAYS welcome an "asssit", and that I'd be grateful for it. The "do onto others" principle has always beenengrained in me, and it's the same good stuff Ihave taught me kids.

Sorry about your incident brother. Thanks for your civil action for your fellow man...and boater. Here's to ya! :mmmbeer

·
Registered
9,734 Posts
Thank you sir for doing what everyone should do while on the water. I have always said and thought that ALL hard feelings and hatred toward anyone should be left on the shoreline. There are no enemies on the water. Someday that person you hate may very well save or life or vise versa. Now if I came upon Bin Laden sinking I would throw him a cinder block covered with velcro.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts