Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of the year again when the weather is starting to break into summer breezes. Today 3/9/16 is the first Wednesday back at the ol oyster bar.

Location- Gilligan's Tiki Hut, Pool side, at the Hampton Inn, Pensacola Beach.

The bar gives PFF'ers and locals $1 off drinks.
They start shucking about 4:00 pm and shuck till they are out of oysters. Somewhere about 7:30 or so.

PFF'ers show up between 5:30- 7 pm, as most of us have jobs and work.

But you are invited to attend earlier if you want. This is open to all.

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
Hello Gilligan's

Hello Spring

Good Bye Winter

I heard someone is Stateside and coming for a visit next week.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I've got a question. I attended one of these at Gilligan's in April of last year.
There was a line to get two oysters. Now, I'm not griping because it was free but I didn't know the protocol. Was it acceptable to keep getting back in line ?
I wasn't sure so I just drank my beer, ate my two and left.
While I appreciate what they are doing, I would rather pay a good price (like $6 a dozen) and be able to eat a couple dozen.
Don't take it the wrong way, just trying to learn in case I attend in the future.

·
Super Moderator
13,075 Posts
I've got a question. I attended one of these at Gilligan's in April of last year.
There was a line to get two oysters. Now, I'm not griping because it was free but I didn't know the protocol. Was it acceptable to keep getting back in line ?
While I appreciate what they are doing, I would rather pay a good price (like $6 a dozen) and be able to eat a couple dozen.
Don't take it the wrong way, just trying to learn in case I attend in the future.
That's kind of how I feel too...

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
I go back many times, and get my fill.

I eat two dozen normally.

Once they get to know you as a regular, they will keep passing them to me.

Believe me, they take good care of us.

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
Next time you go, say something to us, like hello.
If you are unsure who to say it to, ask the tenders who the forum people are.
Watch for when we do the grill, that is a great night of eating.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Next time you go, say something to us, like hello.
If you are unsure who to say it to, ask the tenders who the forum people are.
Watch for when we do the grill, that is a great night of eating.
Well, I mean, I didn't want to appear lonely but I would have liked to know who was there and maybe meet a few of you. I was on my way to Navarre Beach and just stopped by.
Maybe everybody ought to wear their PFF T shirts or something to identify themselves.

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
Maybe everybody ought to wear their PFF T shirts or something to identify themselves.
We do not have any.

Last Wed was the first Wednesday of year number 7 for this weekly meet-up.
We know everyone from years of doing this.

Not all always attend, and then there are people who have not been in 3 years that show up, and tell us where they have been.
And then there are Newbies, that we love to meet, like YOU.

Someday Ken and Jen might even get to attend again, as work prevents him from attending on a Wed.

But a Grill Night really brings out the crowds.

·
Super Moderator
20,318 Posts
I've been a handful of time and never had any issues getting all the oysters I've wanted. Hell a couple times I've sat right at the bar and they would shuck them and steadily fill up my plate.

John has never even been. He's just trying to start shit.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,791 Posts
John has never even been. He's just trying to start shit.
It's crap like this that'll be the death of this forum! Crazy that I can't read one thread without those types of shenanigans.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts