Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an ocean kayak seat needs an easy fix / rigging lol

and an old hobie seat (The rouge Pirate has dibbs if he wants it )

the ocean kayak seat should fit most yaks but in not sure what the hobie will fit
thank you

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Good man right there! I wouldn't mind having a nicer seat on my heritage, but not worth trying to convert one of these guys to fit. I would have to drill a few extra holes to make it work. One of these days, I'll upgrade...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
It's a great 'yak. Pretty much does it all. 14 footer. Just took it camping and fit 3 tents, 3 sleeping bags and some other camera stuff in dry storage and strapped a big cooler full of food, water (and necessities :beer: of course) on the back. I put my life jacket behind my back to make it more comfortable, and thats good enough for now...The only downside is that its heavy as $#!T.

I got some interesting pictures from the trip. I'll post in the kayak section.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ocean kayak seat should fit I'm pretty sure.

Leeroy wants it but you can ask him if he still needs it

thanks

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
I've been in search of a temporary seat for my Pompano until I get the funds for a nice one. Been going with no back and sitting on a life jacket for awhile now. Gladly come pick it up if none of the above need it.

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
I appreciate it Spec! and thanks Ox! I keep torturing myself cause I love fishing more than my back and trying to hold out for a fancy seat. I'll gladly pass it along when I do upgrade. You loving your Pompano as much as I do mine?

·
Topwater Addict
487 Posts
I don't know if you've tested it out in rough conditions yet but that was the confirmation for me. Out in 3-4 footers and I had to work hard but never once felt unsafe.

Ox just pm details if you could

1 - 20 of 24 Posts