Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered these from two separate suppliers and neither is the right size for my son's F150 with a 5.0L engine. His needs to be 7" deep and these are about 2 3/4". Here's a link to the description.

Maybe it will work for somebody on here that needs one. They refunded my money and I didn't have to ship the product back to them. I live in Daphne, work in Mobile and have a son that travels to OBA for work during the week. Will ship if you agree to reimburse me.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
I have a 93 f150, and I was thinking on replacing the fan shroud a couple days ago. The bolt holes are busted out and are wire tied. Just got the truck last week. But now you have me wondering what shroud fits? Mine too has the 302ci motor. Bet mine needs the 7" deep one too.

* yup, mine is 7" also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have put about 3 grand in the one he bought back in March after a uninsured driver driving on a suspended license in an unregistered car hit him in the tunnel doing about 90 and totalled a nice Avalon I bought from Boardfeet late last year.
We have put a new oil pan gasket, thermostat, alternator, valve cover gaskets, timing chain kit, water pump, power steering pump, shifter cable, dash bezel, ignition, exhaust manifold and gasket, muffler, transmission filter, EGM, belt, hoses, window parts, rear bumper and I know there's a few other things I'm forgetting. I'm supposed to be getting the right shroud from 1A Auto one day this week - the lady I ordered it from swears it's the right size - I'll believe it when I see it...Let me know if you need it and its yours if you want it

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
I appreciate the offer, but it'd be useless to me as well. I went out and looked at mine earlier, it's easy 7" deep.
I got a good deal on this one, all original, 1-owner, 112k original miles. Carpet can still pass for "almost" new. I keep expecting to smell that "new" car smell when I get in it.
I can live with the shroud right now, but I need to order a fuel sending unit (mounts thru top of tank). Been using up the gas in the front tank so I can drop it. Rear tank sending unit works fine. Switches tanks w/o problems. Just that 100$ sending unit not working. Tested wiring to it, including ground, but fuel gauge pegs out on front tank. Not bad for the age and the price. g/l with yours and hope the right shroud gets to you.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think this will work on my 89 with the 4.9. I just replaced mine a couple years ago, and it was such a pain to find the right replacement. Still not convinced the one I got in there is the right one, but better than nothing. If nobody NEEDS this, I’ll take it off your hands just to have a spare.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's yours. Shoot me a PM and I'll figure out how to get it to you. I installed the incorrect one figuring it was better than nothing and have driven it 15-20 miles since I did. If I get the right on from 1A Auto, I'll have this one to give away also. Nice truck BTW.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Bama

if the right one comes in for you I can use the one you have on the truck now. Just let me know.
I am down the street in Fairhope
Thanks

matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts