Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Constitution Conservative
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started four birds brining yesterday about 2:00PM, pulled them out this afternoon about 1:30PM, spatchcocked, rubbed and fired up the CCSV24.
Full water tray over Apple & Cherry and maintaining 250'-275'.
Once I get these up to an internal temp of 160', I'll move them on to the grill to crisp the skin.

More to come...

·
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rub
.5 C Smoked Paprika
1.5 C McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning

Smoked at 250'-275' till an internal temp of 160', then flipped the birds (LOL) and turned the temp up to 300'+ to try and crisp the skin.
I was going to use my Char-Broil grill but decided to see if the smoker could do it.
Skin wasn't crispy, a bit chewy, but was still mighty tasty.

Money Shot

·
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Bet it went down great with a cold pitcher of Crystal Light. Best way to cool down the heat of that paprika. Looks tasty :thumbsup:

·
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bet it went down great with a cold pitcher of Crystal Light. Best way to cool down the heat of that paprika. Looks tasty :thumbsup:
"...heat of that paprika." Wut you talking about Willis?

Thanks it was very tasty.
Most of the family was drinking a pitcher of some killer lemonade, I had a NOS.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I know I'm late to the party but I got dibs on one of them birds! Outstanding once again chili! You should start your own YouTube series ! You've got me hooked on the almazan series! I'm still trying to find a knife similar to the one he uses!

·
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I'm late to the party but I got dibs on one of them birds! Outstanding once again chili! You should start your own YouTube series !

You've got me hooked on the almazan series! I'm still trying to find a knife similar to the one he uses!
I know, right, his videos are very good.
His cleaver/knife is pretty cool too, thats one you'll have to have custom made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts