Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
Respect comes AND goes in many different ways. I have a lot of repect for several members on here (and as of recently, lost a lot of respect to others) but it's definatelya combination of offering help to others when they ask, posting reports, showing up to gathering, as well as several other things.

I agree whole heartedly with Jon, this is a family and not just some run of the mill online forum. We have too many good characters on here to let the little b.s. run this forum to the ground. I for one am trying to let a lot of shit go that was said the other day but yes it can be hard to not hold grudges to certain people.

I have never said that I deserve anything but I truely hope that people on here have accepted me into the family in the year or so that I have been a member of this great place. Yes I have argued on here with many, many people on countless occasions but I hope that we have learned to move on with it all.

Sorry I kind of got caught rambling on with everything but I just want to say one more time that this is a great place to have spend countless hours on and tried to help when I can. Thank you everybody for all that you have done.:grouphug

·
Registered
149 Posts
Whooo horsee, it is "big brandon" I hope you and that dude got your stuff worked out.

Any how I would like to see more reports about the days people go and catch nothing.

It may seem boring but the conditions and tactics involved to catch nothing are as good a learning tool as how you did well.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
My 2 cents , is I don't think There is a Internet Forum Respect,You Can Type anything you want on here or any other Forum and Post all the Fishing Pic's you want But If you want to be Respected Than you Should Treat People the same Way you shouldtreat Your MOM Or DAD And In My Case I could not Have Asked For Better Parents Yes We Had and will have are Arguments{AT LEAST With My Mom, Dad Has Passed to the Better Life} My Point Is Treat Someone the way You would want to be Treated , and If Someone Comes across as an Ass Give Thema Break They might be having a Bad Day,We All Have Them, The Best way to Get Respect Is Just Be Yourself !! Dwayne:letsdrink

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Ted: Bill, I think they want us to say something.
Bill: What should I say?
Ted: [<I class=fine>shrugs[/I]] Make something up.
Bill: Be excellent to each other.
[<I class=fine>room murmurs appreciatively[/I]]
Ted: Party on, dudes!
[<I class=fine>room approves[/I]]
Bill: [<I class=fine>to Ted[/I]] Good one, dude.
[<I class=fine>to room[/I]]

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I am probably gonna get flames for this but ...... Who cares?

I have met people on here you would think would be respectable in person but when you meet them NOT. It is an Internet personality. I don't lose sleep or cry into my pillow if someone doesn't agree with something I say. A lot of times I am the black sheep on my opinion because I speak the way I feel not mirror the majority so people like me online. It is a forum. It isn't your life. No matter how many people on here don't like what I say I still pay the same bills and sleep with the same woman every night. It is a forum. Some of the people that are so respectable on here cheat people inl life cheat their family in life and are scum.

I think a lot of people on here have a misconseption about what a forum is.

Respect on the Pensacola fishing forum. To me it mean: it is a public forum that anyone can read. So respect that fact and realize someones kid could be reading this. I try to respect that. As far as people. There are some that bore me with their posts so I skip them. There are some that entertain me with their posts so I read them. ( some of the entertaining ones get banned a lot). But I like to read posts eitherway.

Is someone posting mundane questions respectable? Nope just recognizable

Same as people that reply to everthing posted. I don't respect people cause they have a visit count of 10,000 and a post count of 5,000. Or cause you see them on every thread.

I just like the forum and don't care either way about the members as long as it is an entertaining post. Couldl like what you say one day a d bash you the next. It is the Internet get over it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
bonita dan (1/24/2010)Personally I don't feel that respect is earned by pictures on an internet website but the way ya represent yourself in real life. If forum respect is differant than that,well sh*t,I'd a been banned years ago. Just sayin!
Bonita Dan Banned? Never!:angel & speaking of never, I've never seen him catch a bonita!:doh

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
I respect a person who is the same online as they are in person. One who's Sunday is the same as their Friday. For me, whether they are good or bad, they get my respect.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts