Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What time do they lift the gate at Ft. Pickens? The website says that it opens at 5, does that mean that someone is at the building at 5 checking passes or the gate is up and letting people in?.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Typically it's whatever they feel like on any given day, unless they changed from years past when they did whatever they felt like then told you to piss off when you asked for an actual schedule that's accurate.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've never seen anyone at the gate before 7, but in my experience is always been open. If you get there before they start grabbing cash there's usually a sign saying to enjoy a free day or something along those lines.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Night Owl Pass

I did pay the extra for the night owl pass so I could enter at anytime but I understand why they had to stop it. I would get to the beach and there would be beer cans, coolers with God know what left in them. Just a complete mess. People that were fishing, I don't dare say "fishermen" because we would do no such thing, left a mess.
Rangers told me that the Night Owl pass wasn't worth it due to having the extra clean up.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I did pay the extra for the night owl pass so I could enter at anytime but I understand why they had to stop it. I would get to the beach and there would be beer cans, coolers with God know what left in them. Just a complete mess. People that were fishing, I don't dare say "fishermen" because we would do no such thing, left a mess.
Rangers told me that the Night Owl pass wasn't worth it due to having the extra clean up.
The problem persists, if you pay 35/night for a camp spot you can come and go as you please. It's just another excuse to slowly dwindle down the use of the park.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've never seen anyone at the gate before 7, but in my experience is always been open. If you get there before they start grabbing cash there's usually a sign saying to enjoy a free day or something along those lines.
When I was there (at 6AM) earlier this week, the sign said 'Pay at the campground'. RIGHT!! :D

But I've seen the sign that says 'Have a nice day' before too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts