Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fishing pier around Fort Morgan?

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it around where the ferry docks, between there and TackyJacks? I'm looking on google earth.

·
Registered
117 Posts
after you pay to get in park go about 1 block turn right ,the pier is right there .old barges covered with wood .good place to throw cast nets and flounder fishing!

·
OutdoorsMan4Life
491 Posts
Not a lot caught off the Ft Morgan pier, mostly croakers, pin fish and a few flounder.
Inside the harbor of gulf shores marina, a lot of flounder are caught and bull reds off the beach of Ft Morgan point

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just noticed a new picture on google maps. There's an oil rig about 1/4 mile north of the pier there now. Is that still there, do you fish off of it?

·
OutdoorsMan4Life
491 Posts
Just noticed a new picture on google maps. There's an oil rig about 1/4 mile north of the pier there now. Is that still there, do you fish off of it?
You can fish around it by boat, lots of trout and reds, especially at night

·
Registered
328 Posts
i ahve caught lots of flounder and sheephead off that pier...flounder are there at times and not at others...also not a lterrible walk to the dixie bar

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ahve caught lots of flounder and sheephead off that pier...flounder are there at times and not at others...also not a lterrible walk to the dixie bar
Is the Dixie bar the area east of the end of the Fort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts