Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closure Update - Florida
All areas, except the bayside (north) of the Naval Live Oaks Area, remain closed. These closures include all of the areas shaded in red in the map below. Vessels are not permitted to land in these areas, and passengers may not disembark and walk into these closed areas.
We understand that this is a difficult time and we appreciate your compliance with the current closures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(my opinion) it's stupid to build roads and other infrastructure on a moving barrier island. I love the beach, but we should not expect to keep huge condos, roads, restaurants, etc all over a giant pile of sand. Bring a cooler, a couple chairs, an umbrella..whatever. Take the ferry, enjoy the boat ride (instead of the traffic nightmare that is gulf breeze and the toll bridge). Get to the beach and enjoy. Then hop the ferry back to town.
Why get so worked up over something like this?
And yes, I grew up at the beach every weekend, after school, camping at Ft. Pickens. My statement doesn't mean I don't appreciate it.

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
I see you are in joying your happy hour a little early today
(my opinion) it's stupid to build roads and other infrastructure on a moving barrier island. I love the beach, but we should not expect to keep huge condos, roads, restaurants, etc all over a giant pile of sand. Bring a cooler, a couple chairs, an umbrella..whatever. Take the ferry, enjoy the boat ride (instead of the traffic nightmare that is gulf breeze and the toll bridge). Get to the beach and enjoy. Then hop the ferry back to town.
Why get so worked up over something like this?
And yes, I grew up at the beach every weekend, after school, camping at Ft. Pickens. My statement doesn't mean I don't appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts