Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to form a LLC with a business partner. Any tip on how I should do it? Never done one before. Also, anybody know a commercial mortgage lender?

·
Registered
55 Posts
As far as the LLC part, very easy to do yourself on sunbiz.org. I remember last time I did it had several options for multiple owners etc. Just pull up the site and look around, all self explanatory.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Make sure you have a written agreement between partners, my partner cost me my business.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Make sure you have a written agreement between partners, my partner cost me my business.
Absolutely true.

But here’s another truth. The best agreements ever created won’t help much if you go into business with a rotten partner.

·
Bassmaster
610 Posts
First thing you need to do is get an attorney to help you with the partner agreement. Spend a little money now before you get started to protect you when/if situations change between you and your partner.

The actual formation of an LLC is cheap and easy and can be completed online at sunbiz.org in about 15 minutes. But since you will have a partner I would HIGHLY recommend getting an attorney to put together all of your organizational documents.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My brothers and I did it a few years ago. You can do it on Sunbiz but we got a lawyer, about $2000. Bunch of documents, fictitious name registration, annual meeting and minutes, bylaws, etc. You have to reregister it every year, $2-300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts