Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in the Milton/Bagdad area have a garage, barn, storage building, someplace dry that I can store a 22'x 8' boat for a couple months? I've checked every self storage place in the area and all the 10'x30' are occupied, I'm running out of ideas. My boat is sitting in the yard getting rained on and ruined. I'd pay say $50 a month and some in advance, all negotiable and based on the quality of storage. Probably for around 3 months till I get orders for Corpus. I'll need very little access and we can arrange it in advance.

If anyone has another idea for winter storage please pass it on.

Thanks!

Mods feel free to move this if its in an inappropriate place

·
Registered
166 Posts
I understand what you want, I'll check around with some friends. You may want to try craigslist, as bad as people need money, and there are allot of commercial buildings sitting empty, you may want to look in that direction.

I have dreamed of the perfect boat garage. It has a wash bay in front, extra tall for towers, and 20 feet wide x 50 feet long. It is spray foam insulated and climate controled. The temp never goes above 90 degrees, and never below freezing. The HVAC side will not use much power in this wide temp range. But here is the kicker - large capacity dehumidifier in an air tight building.

That way you can wash the boat, back it into the "Rooster's Roost" akaboat storage building, close it up ---- AIR TIGHT --- turn on the dehu and it drys the boat out and maintains 50% relative humiditiy. NO more rot and mildew.

I saw one in Orange Beach at You Own It, with just a small dehu in it, gave me the idea of a large capacity for fast drying. I would place on craigs list. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts