Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
To be honest, I've got enough stuff here and there.....I just don't want something hanging off the side of the boat. I can just see the fish of a lifetime hung up in all of that. Two rod holders and a vertical flag/light is about all I want to risk.

·
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
806 Posts
To be honest, I've got enough stuff here and there.....I just don't want something hanging off the side of the boat. I can just see the fish of a lifetime hung up in all of that. Two rod holders and a vertical flag/light is about all I want to risk.
I saw something like this at West Marine or Academy today. I was thinking the same thing.

I think it's a great concept, but I think it would be too much of a liability. If you have to put your transducer in the water, I've heard the scupper transducer kits are pretty convenient.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I used the RAM equivalent once, maybe twice, before scrapping it and going with a scupper mount. The mounting and de-mounting each trip was tedious, but the noise of the arm dragging through the water was really obnoxious- it sounds like you are dragging a trash bag through the water. The benefit to it all, is it allows you to do a non-permanent mount for your FF/GPS because the transducer and all the associated wiring can stay outside your yak, provided the coiled wires don't piss you off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts