Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long overdue... but here she is!

Im selling my used 2018 Robalo 246 Cayman. This has been an absolutely awesome boat for myself and family, but my fishing interests are taking me further and further from shore.

This is a 2018 hull (built on October 2, 2017. I bought this locally from Destin Sunrise Marine. Engine has only 495 hours and it has been serviced to include new water pump, etc in excellent, condition. This engine was powering my former 2015 246 Cayman and I have been the sole owner.

This 2018 hull has only been put in the water to test out the recently serviced engine. All engine service records are available from the Dealership.

If you arent familiar with the Cayman 246, its a hybrid bay and offshore boat, that can handle hardcore fishing one day and family sand bars the next. My family loved the versatility and quality of the boat. I've taken this boat in as shallow as 12" of water, gigging flounder and scalloping at Cape San Blas and out past 60 miles. I regularly went deep dropping, grouper fishing, and have caught yellowfin tuna with this boat. This baby runs super smooth and is very solid in chop and swells. Did I mention this boat is a dry boat? Super Dry even in a 2 ft chop.

Price is $68,000.

Here are the details on all the options/upgrades:

• Ice blue color (Super easy to keep clean, this color is fantastic)
  • Yamaha Four Stroke F250XA 25" 3.3L V6 250HP, with stainless prop
  • Minn Kota Riptide Trolling Motor 112 LB, 36V with 3 batteries, remote and GPS iPilot feature with Quick Release Mount
  • Built in 3 bank battery charger for trolling motor
  • 8ft Power Pole with remote and cockpit mounted controls
  • Garmin 7610 XSV with dual transducers (Sideview/Downview)
  • AIRMAR B175HW 1KW Throughull transducer
  • Garmin GT-52 TM Transducer
  • G2 coastal charts loaded
  • Upgraded trailer with aluminum mag wheels, load guides, torsion axles and oil bath hubs (no more greasing bearings)
  • Upgraded fiberglass hard top with powder coat, Ice Blue underside
  • Dual battery with crossover switch
  • Powder coated leaning post with 4 rod holder, dual flip up bolsters, and cooler
  • Bow table package with cushion awesome for family days, it can be an eating table or a sun deck fill-in. Also stores away or can act as an insert to expand your fishing deck
  • Full cushion package for front seats (Never Used)
  • Porta Pottie (Never Used)
  • Upgraded Bluetooth stereo
  • Blue LED Underwater Lights (2)
  • Starboard Dive Swim Platform with Boarding Ladder
  • Redundant washdown/livewell pumps (added at dealership)
  • Upgraded steering wheel with knob and rubber grip
  • Stainless Steel Drink/Rod Holders (2)
  • Custom Rod holders added to front of boat (2)
  • 2 - 30 gal live wells in back and 1- 30 gal live well in front of boat
  • Galvanized Spare Tire Kit for Tandem Axle Trailer

WOT is approximately 46MPH with full fuel and 4 passengers loaded for fishing all day. Overall this is a fantastic boat and a chance to get into a like-new boat for a great price, before boating season starts. Call or text for more info. James 239.272.3849 Located just east of Pensacola, FL - I can meet you locally for a test run if you'd like.

Minn Kota trolling motor is included but not pictured.

Brand new cranking batteries as well as brand new Interstate Batteries for the trolling motor!

Locker for rods or storage!

Quick release mount for Minn-Kota I-Pilot (included but not pictured)

12" of water...gigging flounder in the Robalo 246 Cayman!

Offshore - 40 miles! Red grouper and Scamp!

Snowy Grouper (deep dropping) and a yellowfin tuna! Same spot! What a versatile boat!

Yes! Sailfish caught and released from the 'Balo!

This could be you! :)

Did I mention it was comfortable?

Lots of room to get the big one in!

Great family boat!

Smiles for miles!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice boat, you caught alot of fish for only having it 2 months! What are you replacing it with to go offshore? I'll pass this to a friend thats looking for something like this...
Re: Boat - long story..but I will say that Robalo stands behind their boats. Period.

Replaced it with a Tideline 235...twin 200's

·
Registered
504 Posts
Given the details of his listing and the age difference in motor and hull I’m gonna say that something happened that warranted robalo replacing the hull under warranty since he commented on how they stand behind their product. Just a guess though.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,199 Posts
Given the details of his listing and the age difference in motor and hull I’m gonna say that something happened that warranted robalo replacing the hull under warranty since he commented on how they stand behind their product. Just a guess though.
I was wondering the same thing. "Non disclosure clause"? :whistling:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you!

Great story on the old hull... not the new one.

Not a salesman... the person who bought the hull got a brand new 2018 hull made in October of 2017 (new hull id in case you were wondering), with an engine that had 495 hours on it. Oh.. and all the engine service records including the one performed in November so that the new owner could enjoy the boat without having to worry about a maint. Did I mention, they also got 4.7 years of the BPP component warranty Robalo offers along with a 5 year hull warranty? Also, I had every nut, bolt, ubolt, bunk, rotor, brake line, lights, solenoid, jack, safety chain,etc of the trailer replaced. It was a amazing deal on a "used" boat..

There are horror stories out there with boat manufacturers and warranties... I don't have one with Robalo.. They 100% stand behind their product and I would buy another one tomorrow. and no.. there is no non disclosure...just good business with people who actually cared!

Hope this puts to bed any "questions"! :)

Thanks for taking the time to look at my listing!

Oh, regarding the above post about why I would sell a boat so "new"... well I have a brand new Tideline 235, twin engine.. can do the same things as my Robalo, plus has a 400 mile range.. no need having two boats that do similar things. I fish more offshore in the 20-140 mile range now and my Tideline is perfect for that.

yeah, uh... heck of a salesman there. A lot more to be told on that rig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts