Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following this spill since the news first broke, and I think we are very likely to see a major disaster area because of it. I feel just as sick as everybody else and I can't hardly think about what the next several years might be like as a result. However, I want to offer a bit of encouragement.

We are all in the same boat. Some will suffer immediately and some will suffer over the long haul. I would not for a moment minimize the hurt we will all feel to some degree or another, but I want to remind everyone that we are tough. We are resilient! We don't quit and we don't give in. Take heart and look to the future. What is done is done. Can't change it. No use in cursing it. What we can do is rebuild and remember that people matter...not paradise. In other words, what gives you and me reason to live is not our environment...it is our relationships. Of course, I believe our most important relationship must be with Christ, but all or our relationships are important. Make sure your relationships are good and you will come through the other side of this. God Bless.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
jspooney (01/05/2010)I've been following this spill since the news first broke, and I think we are very likely to see a major disaster area because of it. I feel just as sick as everybody else and I can't hardly think about what the next several years might be like as a result. However, I want to offer a bit of encouragement.

We are all in the same boat. Some will suffer immediately and some will suffer over the long haul. I would not for a moment minimize the hurt we will all feel to some degree or another, but I want to remind everyone that we are tough. We are resilient! We don't quit and we don't give in. Take heart and look to the future. What is done is done. Can't change it. No use in cursing it. What we can do is rebuild and remember that people matter...not paradise. In other words, what gives you and me reason to live is not our environment...it is our relationships. Of course, I believe our most important relationship must be with Christ, but all or our relationships are important. Make sure your relationships are good and you will come through the other side of this. God Bless.
+1 God Bless! This is what I've been trying to tell people all day today, well put sir!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts