Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smoked some butts, fattys, chickens, and chuck roast burnt ends. My first try with the chuck roast burnt ends and they were on point!! Will be doing more of that!!

Attachments

·
Constitution Conservative
2,564 Posts
It all looks great, a game day feast!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used what I learned from here combined with the internet for the chuck roast burnt ends.
Basically I bought a chuck roast rubbed it then smoked it to and internal temp of 180. I then cut into 1? cubes threw in a throw away tin container added my favorite sauce toss them around to coat and put back in the smoker for 2 hours or until tender.

·
Constitution Conservative
2,564 Posts
Burnt Ends are really easy to do and they can be made from several cuts of meat and beef or pork.
In order of level of deliciousness the most common are, Brisket-Point, Pork Belly, Pork Butt and Beef Chuck.
Brisket and Chuck are cooked whole, then cubed and finished.
Pork Belly and Butt are cubed first, cooked and then finished.

Here are two of my BE recipes posted here.

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f54/scrumptious-pork-belly-burnt-ends-bonus-package-852489/
Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Cube up a few pounds of fresh pork belly
Rub and bag up to sit over night
Lay them out for smoking while to pit comes to temp, 225'-250' with Cherry for smoke.
Smoked till I had a real nice color and an average IT of 155'
Then I panned them, added more rub and BBQ sauce, covered and returned to the smoker, about an hour covered and another hour uncovered.

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f54/bodacious-burnt-ends-bigass-boston-butt-823146/
Bodacious Chuckie Burnt Ends

Rub
1.5C Brown Sugar
1C Seasoned salt
3/4C Paprika
.5C Cajun seasoning
.25C Onion powder
2T Garlic powder

Marinade
1C Worcestershire sauce
.25C Soy sauce
2T Fish sauce
1T Garlic, minced

Make numerous slits about half way through, in one side of roasts
Rub each side with heaping T of rub
Place in container slits up, pour 3/4 of the marinade around meat, then drivel with rest of marinade, being careful not to wash rub off.
You want the marinade to get into the slits with some rub.
Marinate in refrigerator for 8-12hrs.

Fire up the smoker with you favorite wood, I'll use Hickory.
Smoke at 225'-240' till they hit about 190'.
Remove and let them rest for about an hour.
Then cube the meat and place in a deep disposable aluminum pan

I add a generous amount of rub, approx 5T +/-.
Then a very generous amount of your favorite BBQ sauce.
And lastly, add approx 1C of your favorite Cola, I'll be using Cherry Dr. Pepper.
Mix well to cover meat thoroughly.
Wrap pan tightly with aluminum foil, and then back into the smoker for about and hour, then another hour uncovered until they glaze over really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts