Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys buy your food plot seeds for the best deal? Anywhere local in Milton or Pensacola? What are you planting that the deer seem to like? What is a waste of time? My lease is in The Greenville AL area. What works for you?

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Well it depends. Who many areas are you planting, how big are they, how much sunlight do you have, are they in dry areas or keep moisture?
The basic is always a wheat, an oat, a rye grain not rye grass. And a barrsica.
My mix is. Buck forage oats, tricale rye, purple top turnips, rape, and sometimes a dacron radish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mannings in Milton has WMS product. They have their own mix, but it has rye grass in it instead of rye grain which I don't understand why they would do that.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses! I’ve been looking at getting some foraging rape. Already have purple tops, oats, and winter peas. Trying a few things this year

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
My go to is Crop Production in Jay, saves me close to $100 every time. However, they are not open on Sat so hit Mannings in Milton last night and got all we need. Oats, Wheat, Rape and peas. They have came down some on their prices, and seem to be good people! I dont mind paying extra to support the locals when I can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts