Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got access to 12 acres adjacent to 100s of acres of bottom land. There is about 1-2 cleared acres and we want to plant to attract deer for next season. It is sandy soil and has a spring within 50 yards. I have some access to equipment but not a lot of money. What and when should we plant? Salt blocks? bbe

·
Super Moderator
29,282 Posts
Planting summer plots are/can be more expensive then winter plots......Summer clay peas work best but if it's real sandy you might not get much in there\, all dependa on how sandy and the Ph of the soil.....If it's something fertilizer and lime can fix---that'll cost good $$$ too....

Whole lotta factors involved...if you do a search on here fer ood plots you'll see ton's of good info...Great luck to ya!

·
Registered
567 Posts
i dont know if it is just my computer or what but i can not pull anything up by doing a search. if the past info is gone we may need the info posted again

·
Registered
689 Posts
I agree with Jason. The summer plots are more expensive. But its also a good time to do a little weed control and if you don't get a chance to plant it for summer you can have it ready for the fall. You can use the time between now and hunting season to get the ph right as it takes a few months for the lime to really start to work. You can look on the QDMA website for some more info on food plots. Its a pretty good sight you just have to pay attention where the people are at. Because what works up north may not work here or vice versa. There's a lot of good info on there though. Here's the link.

http://www.qdma.com/forums/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts